Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems

Kevin Porter leaves his house ready to get to work at Liberty. Porter goes to his car and sees someone threw a brick with a message through the back of his car's window. The message written on a piece of paper that was tied to the brick said "Know Your Place". Meanwhile, Clay is just sitting on his bed looking at a sleeping Justin.

Hannah Baker: Are you gonna ask him about the Polaroid?

Clay Jensen: I don't trust him any more than I did yesterday.

Hannah Baker: (Exhales) How can you not trust that little sleeping angel?

Justin wakes up and sees Clay just looking at him.

Justin Foley: The fuck are you looking at?

Clay Jensen: Justin, do you think that you can keep your shit together until someone comes over to look after you later? I'm running late. I gotta get to school.

Justin Foley: I'm fine. I don't need a babysitter. It's just so fucking cold in here.

Hannah Baker: Chills. He has a fever.

Clay Jensen: It's chills. You have a fever.

Hannah Baker: Well, get him another blanket.

Clay grabs a blanket and covers Justin up with it.

Clay Jensen: Maybe a shower would help.

Justin Foley: I'm not that bad.

Clay Jensen: You smell like dead feet. Just shower, please.

Justin Foely: Oh, I'm hungry.

Clay Jensen: How can you be hungry? You threw everything up.

Justin Foley: Maybe that's why I'm hungry.

Clay Jensen: Take a shower.

Clay goes to get Justin breakfast while he showers. As Clay returns upstairs, he's surprised that his dad is home. Clay makes something up to make sure his dad doesn't go inside the bathroom and catch Justin showering. Clay goes inside the restroom to make it look like he's the one taking a shower. Olivia and Jackie arrive to the courthouse.

Jackie: These kids need to be sympathetic, Olivia. I worry about calling Ryan Shaver. His deposition was practically smug. We're putting pieces together. We have to get Hannah's poem into evidence, and he's the one who...

They stop when they see Andy sitting down on a bench as he gets up and approaches them.

Jackie: Printed it.

Andy Baker: Morning. Hi. I'm Andy.

Jackie: Oh, of course, I remember.

Andy shakes Jackie's hand.

Jackie: Will you be joining us today?

Olivia Baker: No, he won't.

Jackie: Well, I'll give you 2 a minute.

Jackie heads to the courtroom to give them a moment.

Andy Baker: I wanna be here with you. I need to be here. I'm sorry I haven't been. I was at the hospital yesterday and as I was speaking to our daughter, I realized that she needs me to be here.

Olivia Baker: The things they've been saying in there, things that you'll hear, you have no idea.

Andy Baker: I'll learn.

After Justin finished showering, he ate his breakfast. After he finished eating his breakfast, Clay tells & shows him the polaroids.

Justin Foley: I don't know. It's definitely not the pool house.