Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall

The house phone of the Chatham house rings as Nora Walker answers the call.

Nora Walker: Hello? Hello, Sheriff. And where did you find it? I see. No. No, I don't know the place. He never mentioned it. I understand. Yes, that's fine. I don't know, um... I know my son did drugs on occasion, but I never saw steroids. You haven't mentioned if... there was evidence he was harmed. That boy Clay Jensen... you'll talk to him again, I hope? Thank you, Sheriff.

Ani & her mother are in the kitchen as Amara Josephine Achola is prepping Harrison's meal while Ani arranges his medicine. Ani tries to over hear Nora's conversation with the sheriff...

Amara Josephine Achola: Hey! Keep your mind on the medicine.

Ani Achola: Yes, Mum.

Amara Josephine Achola: Keep your head down, and leave this woman to her grief.

Amara Josephine hands Harrison's meal to Ani as they both make their way up to the stairs.

Nora Walker: Amara Josephine?

Amara Josephine Achola: Yes?

Nora Walker: They found blood on the ground.

Amara Josephine Achola: Oh, no. Upstairs.

Ani begins making her way up stairs but stop to hear her mother & Nora talk.

Nora Walker: Someone hurt my son.

Amara Josephine Achola: Oh, dear God.

While Clay was sitting down on the steps of his house drinking coffee, he received a text from Ani. In the outhouse, Justin is searching for something as he is making a complete mess in search for whatever he's searching for. Justin's phone ring as he answers it.

Justin Foley: Hey, Jess...

Clay Jensen: Justin, they found Bryce's...

Clay enter the room and sees the mess he made.

Clay Jensen: What the hell?

Justin Foley: Uh, it's Jess. Jess has just... she lost an earring. Yeah...

Clay Jensen: Justin, what the fuck?

Clay was looking at Justin's bed as he sees Tyler's gun that Justin was supposed to get rid of.

Justin Foley: Uh, I... I'll call you back, okay?

Justin hangs up his phone.

Clay Jensen: I thought you got rid of it last night.

Justin Foley: First guy didn't work out, okay? I will... I got it.

Clay Jensen: You can't just leave it lying around!

Justin Foley: Just chill. I got it.

Clay Jensen: They found his Range Rover and blood on the ground. They're calling it a homicide.

Justin Foley: Fuck!

Clay Jensen: They found drugs and... fingerprints.

Justin Foley: Drugs? What... What drugs?

Clay Jensen: She didn't say, but they found fingerprints that weren't his.

Justin Foley: Okay, well... That's all right, right? It's a car. It's got a ton of fingerprints. He probably drove his Hillcrest friends around.

Clay Jensen: Justin, my prints could be on it.

Justin Foley: Did you kill him?

Clay Jensen: Of course not.