Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship

In the middle of the night, Justin grabbed his things and left while Clay was asleep. Justin had no idea where to go next. So in the early morning, Justin went to the only place he can think of... the hospital. Justin goes to the reception desk and ask where Hannah's room is. He makes his way to Hannah's room as he enters and sees Hannah comatose in a hospital bed. He hasn't seen Hannah since the day of her attempt. Justin takes a seat next to Hannah.

Justin Foley: I don't even know what to say other than sorry. But it's gonna take more than that. I hated you for making those tapes and then trying to end your life. But then while I was living on the streets, I realized that I was wrong. I should've stopped him. But I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't have turned on Bryce after what he and his family did for me. I understand why you didn't tell anyone about what Bryce did to you. Because you were scared of him, and so was I. But I'm not afraid anymore. Hannah, I'm going to testify for you because I owe it to you. I never should've showed Bryce that picture. I started it and now I'm going to end it. I just hope you can forgive me for everything.

Justin gets up and leaves. After Justin left, a tear comes falling down from her eye. Today is Zach' day to testify in court. As Zach prepares for court, Clay meets with Sheri at Monet's to tell her about Justin and shows her the Polaroids. Clay goes to school and tries to help Alex get medically cleared by asking him questions about Hannah and the tapes but Alex is struggling to remember. Tyler tells Cyrus that they got caught by a neighbor for shooting and that his dad is going to take them shooting with Alex's dad instead much to Cyrus' delight. Mrs. Porter bails out her husband out of jail and was mad about his arrest. Porter arrives to school and heads to his office when Coach Rick stops him and tells him that he got his friend at the police to cover up the fight he had with Seth. In the cafeteria it's lunch time. Jessica has lunch with Nina as she introduces Jessica to her friends. Bryce, Chlöe, Monty, & Scott are having lunch together at a separate table. Clay & Tony join Alex at a table. Alex had just came back from seeing his doctor...

Clay Jensen: So what did your doctor say, Alex?

Alex Standall: I'm sorry, I tried. But they're not gonna let me testify.

Clay Jensen: Shit. Did the doctor say why?

In that moment, Justin walks in to Liberty and makes his way into the cafeteria as the cafeteria becomes quiet as everyone looks to see the return of Justin Foley, much to Jessica's shock.

Clay Jensen: Justin.

Clay informs Tony & Alex as they turn to Justin's direction as he slowly approaches Jessica as she stands up.

Justin Foley: Hey, Jess. I missed you. Can we go somewhere else to talk, alone?

Jessica Davis: No.

Justin Foley: I came back for you. It's the only reason why I'm here. If you want me to stay, I promise you I'm here for good. Look, if you want me to go, I'll go. Forever, this time.

Jessica Davis: You said that before.

Justin Foley: I... I tried to go away. I tried to forget about you. I... I tried so fucking hard. But I can't stop thinking about you.

Jessica Davis: Yeah, I think about you, too. And I wish you were dead.

It broke Justin's heart hearing Jessica that she wished him dead.

Justin Foley: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you more.

Justin turns around and sees Bryce standing by his lunch table with Monty, Scott, & Chloe sitting down.

Justin Foley: You.

Justin suddenly fall down to the ground landing on his bag.

Jessica Davis: Justin!