Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker

8 Months Later

3 Days After Homecoming

Well, what can I say, shit happens. I missed out on the Homecoming game and everything goes to hell. I didn't go to the game because I had to take my mom to the airport. Jessica told me what went down when H.O. disrupted the game. I can't believe Clay & Alex even got involved in that brawl. Jessica even told me what some asshole from Hillcrest did to her, fucking asshole. Before everything that happened, I'd wished I had been there to be part of it. After I had my breakfast, I got ready and headed for school. When I got there, I meet up with Jess at her locker.

Hannah Baker: So Bolan wants to see you?

Jessica Davis: Yep. I bet that he's not happy about Homecoming.

Hannah Baker: Had I been there, I would've kicked that Hillcrest asshole's ass. You know all that training from Caleb would've been useful.

Jessica Davis: And I would've loved to see that. Tyler took pictures if you want to check them out.

Hannah Baker: You know I want to.

Ani Achola: Jess, Hannah...

Ani comes up to us as Jess closes her locker.

Jessica Davis: If you're gonna apologize about the homecoming game...

Hannah Baker: What did she do?

Ani Achola: The police took Clay.

WHAT?

Jessica Davis: What?

Hannah Baker: Are you fucking kidding?

Ani Achola: Just now. I saw them out front.

Why would the cops come and take Clay?

Jessica Davis: Shit! Why now? It's November, Spring Fling was last April.

Hannah Baker: This doesn't make any sense.

Jessica Davis: And why Clay?

Hannah Baker: If this is about Tyler, why not take us as well?

Ani Achola: I don't know.

Jessica Davis: I bet I know who does.

Hannah Baker: Jess, come on. Zach wouldn't do that.

Jessica Davis: It wouldn't be the first time he called the cops on Tyler.

Jessica walks off as she goes to look for Zach. Me & Ani went to look for Justin. We find him at his locker...

Justin Foley: Hey, girls.

Hannah Baker: Justin, the police came and took Clay.

Justin Foley: What the fuck?

Ani Achola: I saw it happened when I got here.

Justin Foley: Tyler?

Hannah Baker: That was our first thought, but if it is about Spring Fling then why not take all of us?

Justin Foley: I've got to tell Tony. Who else knows?

Ani Achola: Jessica, she went looking for Zach.

Justin Foley: She doesn't actually think he would...

Hannah Baker: I know he wouldn't.

Justin Foley: She'll probably tell Alex. You guys head to class, I'll go tell Tony.