Chapter 5

Isabellas POV

It was now the weekend which means I needed to get dressed as I promised my best friend that I go to that new club with her and some friends. Just as I was trying to decide what dress to pick my mom walked in.

"Knock knock" she said without actually knocking

"Oh no no that won't do" she said referring to the dress I was holding up to myself as I looked in the mirror. She then went over to my closet without warning and started to shuffle through my clothes.

"Estas perfectas(this ones perfect)" she said turning around with a black dress in her hands she then came over and put it up to my body. "Mama no creo que me guste este(I don't think I like this one)" I said in Spanish. "Nonsense Isabella go try it on" she said I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Fine I'll try it on" I said going to my bathroom and trying on the dress that's been sitting in the back of my closet for god knows how long I honestly forgot i had it.

I put on the dress and surprisingly it fit perfectly I fixed my hair up how I wanted it and Put on a bit of lip gloss before going back out my mama smiled. "Te ves hermosa(You look beautiful)"  she said as I did a little spin for her.

"One last thing" she said taking a necklaces from her pocket and coming over to put it around my neck. Once it was on I looked down at it.

"Where did you-" I asked but she cut me off with an answer as if she already knew what I was going to ask

"It's one of mine your father gave it to me on the day of our first anniversary" she said I smiled. And suddenly I felt bad for not telling her exactly where I was going tonight, I didn't tell them because I knew that if I said club they would never let me go even though I'm 18 and technically an adult my parents still have a tight leash on me they still hate the idea of me moving away for college. I like to think it's because they don't trust me and not because I'm the only child and they have separation anxiety, The first exclamation just seems more badass.

"Right thank you mama" I said before giving her a big hug and kiss on the cheek "your welcome mi amor (My love)" she said. "Come downstairs your father has some rules for you" she said rolling her eyes I laughed

"Ok I'll be down in a second" I said she nodded and left the room I then turned to look at myself in the mirror one last time admiring the necklace my mama had just given me.

The necklace

After a few minutes I grabbed my jacket and went downstairs

After a few minutes I grabbed my jacket and went downstairs. My papa seen me and smiled "당신은 아름다워 보인다(you look beautiful)" he said in Korean now my Spanish might be bad but my Korean is worse. "You look" I said trying to understand him he smiled "beautiful my dear" he said in English the funny thing is that even though my papa did not grow up in America he can speak English perfectly and Spanish even better my papa is fluent in 3 different languages it really comes in handy at the restaurant to.