Chapter 48

Erica's POV:

"Miss Nimue?!" Said my secretary surprised as I made my way up to her desk to check in after just stepping off of the elevator to the first floor where my office was. "Good morning" I said as she handed me the check in chart. "What a surprise you called and said you were taking a day off today is something wrong?" She asked "Everything's fine I just changed my mind I still have a lot of work to get finished anyways" I said but the real reason was because Isabella decided to leave me this morning the only reason I took off today was for her yet she left me all alone. So rude I thought to myself as I handed my secretary back her clipboard and went on my way to my office. I walked inside my office only to see Mika my sister sitting behind my desk. "What are you doing in my office" I asked as I sat my bag down and took off my coat. "Work obviously" she said rolling her eyes as she continued to type on her laptop. "Why in my office Don't you have your own office? Who even let you in here?" I asked Mika sighed annoyed and closed her laptop before looking up at me. "I'm you sister and a shareholder in this company all I had to do is come up here and your secretary let me right in" she said smugly. "I'm gonna fire her" I said "Don't you dare meanie" she said before getting up from my chair and walking over then sitting down on the couch across from me.

"I'm in your office and not mine because there's a maintenance problem on the entire second floor something about an water leak that caused an electrical shut down" she said waving her hand. I looked at my phone to see if there was any messages about this and spotted an email alert from 8 hours ago. I hadn't looked at my phone the entire time I was with Isabella so I wasn't all that surprised that I missed it. "Fine you can use my office for now" I said with a sigh, "yay! Thanks you really are the best big sister" she said. "Yeah yeah" I said rolling my eyes. "So why are you in today I only came to use your office because I was told you were taking the day off" she said. "Plans changed" I simply said, "you seem to be in a good mood today did something happen?" She asked. I sighed I guess I should tell her she's going to find out anyways sooner or later.

"I started dating Isabella" I said her eyes went wide surprised "like dating dating or just like dating?" She asked I looked at her confused "what do that even means" I said. "Two means she's your girlfriend one means you're just screwing around" she explained. "It's two" I replied and she jumped from her seat with a squeal. "I knew it! I knew you had feelings for her" said Mika I rolled my eyes in response. there was no denying it she was right I did have feelings for Isabella they've been there since the moment I met her but I'm only just now realizing and admitting it.

"Whatever" I replied as she calmly sat back down in her seat before putting on a serious look. "Actually I'm glad you decided to come in today I've been meaning to show you this" said Mika before pulling up something on her phone and showing it to me. "What's this?" I asked "It's a personal investments I made in a startup company a two weeks ago, I decided not to merge it with our company until I knew more about it so I used some of my spending money on it about half a million give or take" she said with a shrug. I looked at the phone as she explained it to me. "And? what's the issue?" I asked confused, "up until two days ago the majority shareholder Haku Chen has been acting suspiciously, requesting a change in details we've already agreed upon and suggesting a merger this early with another starter company that I didn't see on the list when I was looking to invest before" she explained. I automatically knew exactly what she was hinting at "You think he's working for someone?" I asked to be sure. "Yes that or he's taken another deal and is trying to play me for a fool" said Mika.

"Both could be true, but who could be pulling his strings?" I asked "Have you already forgotten that we're in the middle of a battle with the Maranzano Mafia group?!" She said. Shit! She's right I had completely forgotten about that I've been so distracted with Isabella I forgot about Chevys petty revenge. I need to get my head on straight which means I need to take a break from the relationship plans for now. "Your right I got distracted" I said "look I don't mind you being in love but being distracted is something we can't afford right now the man already tried to take us out once if your distracted when he tries again he just might succeed and I'm too young to die" she said I sighed "Yes yes I hear you for now on my focus is on the issue at hand, Now why do you think Chevy would go after a small investment you made in a company that doesn't even have enough money to keep running on his own doesn't seem like his style he's a show in tell type of guy he likes for you to know when he's going to strike that's why the bomb he planted under my car was given an extra 5 seconds count down" I explained "that makes no sense then he'd have a higher Chance of failing" said Mika.

"He knew that but just in case I did get in the car he wanted me to hear the bomb ticking on it's last second so that I'd know I've lost and was going to die" I said "How do you know that?" She asked with a confused face. "Because that's what I would do, and it's what I'm going to do, I want him to know he's lost moments before I put him 6 feet under, see Chevy thinks he knows me because for a brief time after everything happened with our so called father Chevy took me under his wing" I said "you never told me this" said Mika frowning. "It was way before you decided to come with me and during the time I was on my own after Yuri my Fiancé Death, I was way worse then now the tiniest things set me off imagine Aaron but triple it and enhance his personality" I said "you were that bad huh" said Mika I nodded as the atmosphere became more and more serious because I was telling her about a part of my life I tried to hide from everyone.

"Chevy approached me during This Time, his identity was not unknown to me I was told to stay away from him during the time I was being trained by our father to take over the company, and figured out it was because our father and him hated each other for some reason I still don't know to this day, neutrally it was a great opportunity to piss him off but I wasn't about to be someone's lap dog to do so that's why instead of an job he offered me a partnership" I explained before taking a breath. Mika continued to listen as I told her everything.

"I accepted it and let him teach me everything he knew about running my own underground group, he had me hurt a lot of people in the process but they were all bad which is why I believed him to be better then our father at one point of time, that was until I watched him become more and more cruel, having me hurt innocents and letting his man kill children that's when I  realized he didn't kill to survive he did it because he was just a cruel, greedy, spiteful man, that was the similarity between him and our father and the difference between Them and me, that's why I parted ways with Chevy I refused to participate in unnecessary slaughter, once I was away from him I started my own under ground group but that quickly became unfulfilling I wanted to rub our fathers face in my success and make him eat the words he spit at me so then later I began a starter business that's when you came and found me and decided to stick by me and now that same starter business is a Trillion dollar company" I said.

"D-did you ever kill any children and innocent people?" She asked her face obviously showing her displeasure at the thought. I sighed "Of course not Mika I said I've hurt innocents, but I never killed anyone fitting that description during my time with Chevy, I'm not our father" I replied as I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes letting the sunlight from the windows beam onto my face.

"Good, Now that I think about it when will you tell Isabella what you really do and who you really are?" She asked my eyes shot open. I haven't thought much about that, in fact I never even considered it. "There isn't any need to" I replied "Wrong, don't you think she should know what she's getting herself into, our world isn't the type of world anyone could stomach, things get dangerous in a matter of minutes and she could lose her life or freedom in a matter of seconds just by being associated with you" she explained I shook my head "I wouldn't let that happen" I replied "Do you really believe you could guarantee that?" She asked looking me in the eyes with a serious expression resting on her face.

____________________________________

End of chapter: Do you think she should tell Isabella the truth or continue to hide it ?