Chapter 53

Isabella's POV;

I woke up to an empty bed in a familiar room that was not my own. "Ugh my head hurts" I said out loud to myself feeling dizzy and a bit nauseous. Just then there was a knock on the door. "Hello? Miss Garcia?, it's Len I'm one of the maids here, Miss Nimue asked me to bring you some water and medicine to help with headaches" she explained. I'm at Erica's place?!, How?, the last thing I remember was being kidnapped by two guys. How am I alive? what happened and who were those guys. I asked in my head. "Um miss Garcia?" Said the maid snapping back out of my own head.

"Oh, right yes come in" I said the maid opened the door and walked in immediately handing me a glass of water and cap with two pills in it. I thanked her and took the medicine then Drink the entire cup of water. Len took the cap and the cup back from once I was done. "Is she here?" I asked the maid named Len, I had a lot of questions and had the feeling that only she could answer them. "Hm?, Miss Nimue?" She asked unsure, "Yes her" I replied "Yes she's here, she's in her office working" she answered. I pulled the sheets from over me and climbed out of the bed. "Could you take me to her?" I asked as i didn't remember where her office was in this huge house. "I don't think that's a great idea she's requested not to be disturbed at the moment" she replied. "It's urgent I'm sure she'll understand" I said, Len was hesitant for a moment but then agreed.

We walked through the large long hallways until eventually stopping in front of a large door. "I'll be taking my leave now" said Len. "Alright thank you" I replied she smiled in response before walking down the opposite way of the halfway. I knocked on the door and heard a faint voice "I thought I was clear about not wanting to be disturbed?, once I open this door please prepare to be out of a job-" said Erica as the door swung open but to her surprise it was me standing there and not a maid. "Isabella? You're awake" she said, I found myself speechless as I looked at her. She was wearing reading glasses with her hair braided resting on one side of her shoulder.

She also wore formal black pants with a white button up top that was tucked neatly into them. I looked down at her arms as her sleeves were rolled up and I noticed a tattoo on her forearm. Wait?, did she always have that tattoo?, I asked myself as the feeling of something brushing across my face caused me to look up only to see Erica hovering over me with a soft look resting on her face.

Were her eyes always this beautiful?, "how did you sleep?, did you get the medicine I sent you?" She asked. "Fine and yes" I replied. "Good" she responded and that's when the questions I had suddenly returned and the urge to fill all the holes in the events that took place surfaced. "Erica how did I get here?, what happened?" I asked her hand dropped from my face and went to remove her glasses. "Come in, let's talk inside" she replied before moving to the side so that I could go into the office.

If only I had known that after this conversation the person I thought she was and who she really was were two completely different people.