Chapter 41

Isabellas POV:

I got to Ericas office 6 minutes late, I rushed to the elevator and made my way upstairs to where the receptionist was. When before we got back home Erica gave me an official key card so that I could get through with no problems this time. I showed the receptionist my key card and she let me past, so did the security guards. I got to that big door on the top floor I remember from last time. I haven't seen Erica since after she dropped me off at home and honestly I've been wanting to see her again since. We had the time of our lives back in her home time and we've grown close, I really like her.

I opened the door after knocking one time and hearing a voice say come in. I walked in with a smile and approached her desk. "Hey I-" I started to say but was cut off "Your 6 Minutes Late Miss Garcia" she said in a serious tone not even looking up from the papers on her desk. My smile faded and I cleared my throat "I um yes I know i don't have a car so I had to take the bus here as my usual ride had somewhere to be today" I said watching as she stacked her papers and clipped them together. "I don't care about whatever personal reasons you have for being late your on a paid internship which means you can't just come in whenever you want" she said I looked at her confused why was she acting like this. I cleared my throat "I'm sorry Erica but do something?" I asked "Nimue" she simply said "What?" I questioned "My name is Miss Nimue, I'm your Boss you are not to address me by my first name..Miss Garcia" she said finally looking up at me. I didn't know what was going on or why she was suddenly treating me this way which was why I didn't argue with her or try asking again as she is right, she is my boss.

"Right my apologies Miss Nimue, it won't happen again, will I be shadowing you today?" I asked she stood up and walked over to me handing me a piece of paper, "No you be picking up my dry cleaning, a dark coffee, and my lunch from the Chinese restaurant across town" she said looking at me intensely, "Are you serious?!, I don't have a car how am I supposed to get across town?" I asked "you have to be back before 3:20 it's 1:43 at the moment I think you better find a way or your fired" she said before walking out of the office. I looked at the paper in my hand confused. "What is happening" I said out loud to myself.

Ericas POV:

I looked out of the window. I was with Andrea on our way to get coffee and meet with an investor.  I  sighed as I sat back in my seat, "Ok what is wrong with you?, you've been groaning and moaning since you got in my car and both my pretty hands has been on the steering wheel this entire time" she said I rolled my eyes at the dirty comment she made before looking over at her. "Nothings wrong" I said "See I don't believe you" she said "I don't really care what you believe Andrea I'm not in the mood to talk about my feelings" I replied tiredly. "Ah so you admit there are feelings to talk about" she said I huffed only she would take that from me telling her to back off. "What is this time, your brother?, your dad?, your sister or is it not a family problem at all" she said before glancing over at me then going back to focusing on the road. She sighed deeply "Ok how about this if I figure out what it is your all upset about on my own you have to talk to me openly about it no hiding or denying anything" she said I rolled my eyes knowing that if I didn't agree to it she'd do it anyways. "knock yourself out Andrea I'm way too busy for this" I said as we came to a stop and I got out of the car slightly slamming the door behind myself, Andrea following closely behind.

Isabella's POV:

I stood outside trying to wave down a cab but couldn't seem to get one to stop for me, I sighed about to give up until a red car pulled in front of me I was confused when the door opened and a man stepped out and came around from the driver seat. "Isabell?" Said a familiar voice I looked up to see the British Guy I met at the airport walking up to me with a big smile, "Paris?!" I said instantly remembering his name as he stopped in front of me. "You know I wasn't sure if it was you at first but recognized you as soon as I got closer, you have quite the unforgettable face" he said I smiled "your too kind" I said "Oh I try my best" he said as he looked at me. "What are you still doing here I thought you were only here for a week?" I asked "Oh, yeah that was the plan but then my mate I told you about made me and job offer I couldn't really afford to refuse at the moment" he said and I saw a hint of sadness flicker in his eyes before he covered it with a smile. "Anyways I stopped because I saw you trying to wave down a cab but had no luck" he said I chuckled embarrassedly. "Yeah my boss gave me this list of Errands to run and one of them is half way across town, and unfortunately for me I don't have a car so that's that" I said as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Ughh I'm probably going to get fired all because I couldn't get a stupid ass Turkey sandwich and three shot cappuccino" I said with a sigh before looking up in realization. I had completely forgot who I was talking to for a moment. "Im sorry I shouldn't have said that to you" I said he chuckled "Oh no it's fine it's nice to know I'm not alone in having a bad day" he said I gave him a small smile before looking at my watch and realizing the time. "Oh my god I'm sorry but I have to go I don't have much time to get these things and get back" I said right as I went back to trying to get a cab he stopped me causing me to look at him confused. He then cleared his throat "Why don't I take you" he offered I looked at him surprised "I um, no I couldn't ask you to do that I mean your probably busy" I said he shook his head "I'm not trust me it's no bother really" he said looking at me as he waited for me to answer, I looked at the time and the note in my hand before looking up at him. "Fine" I said he smiled and opened the passenger seat car door for me, I thanked him as I got inside.

We got everything she asked for after driving 2 hours across town and back. Paris took my back to the office after, he put the car in park before opening the door for me and helping me out with the food, drinks and Ericas dry cleaning. I smiled as he shut the door of the car for me because both my hands were full. "Thank you again" I said as he walked me inside the building, he was carrying The dry cleaning while I held the Ericas food and coffee. He was only able to get in because he was with me and I told security this was for Erica. He got on the elevator and it was kind of quiet nothing but the sound of backing music playing as we waited for the doors to open.

"I owe you big time" I said he shrugged "Oh no it was nothing really" he said "No seriously what can I do you ran me half way across town and back" I said. "Well..if you really want to pay me back I may have something in mind" he said moving closer to me I almost dropped everything in shock as he stood hovering over me. "W-what?" I choked out swallowing hard as his eyes looked into mine. "Have lunch with me tomorrow" he said. I left out a breath of relief as I looked at him. "You ok?" He asked "Yeah um you just don't surprised me a little I'm sorry" I said "Oh no it's fine" he replied "Well as for your offer I afraid I might have to decline it's just that I have work tomorrow and I don't know for how long" I said. I wasn't lying when I said that but also there was a part of me that didn't feel right about starting something with him with Erica still in my mind.

"Ok then how about this my offer still stands but you get to choose when I'll wait for your call and pick you up when you do" he said I looked at him "You might be waiting a long time" I said honestly he looked into my eyes "I get the feeling that your worth it" he said causing me to smile a little when he did. Just then the elevator doors opened and we both stepped out only to come face to face with Erica and Andrea who were both talking and waiting for the elevator until they saw us.