Chapter 40 🎉

Ericas POV:

"Yes, I believe he said his name was Alister Bane, he was wondering if you could fit him inside any early slots you have he says it's important" she said I thought for a moment be nodding my head "3:30 pm tomorrow tell him to be here on time one minute late and I'm canceling" I said she nodded and left my office.

I leaned back in looked outside my office window. If he's from Nimue industry then my father probably sent him. he really must be desperate if he's sending a main shareholder to try and convince me.

The next day

"Miss Nimue" said the man as he entered my office and walked up to my desk I stood up to greet him with a hand shake. "Mr Bane" I said as we then broke the hand shake and I gestured to the seats in front of my desk. "Please take a seat" I said he nodded and sat down in one of the chairs and I did the same taking a seat in mine. "So I heard you wanted to discuss something important?" I said getting straight to the point, he cleared his throat "right as you already know I'm one of the main shareholders at Nimue industries and I work closely with your father" he said I raised an eyebrow at him "and how do you figure that I already knew this" I asked "I can tell by the look on your face that you don't trust me which means you had multiple background checks done on me and saw that already, which makes me wonder if it's truly that you distrust me or the man I work for" he explained I looked at him, I was surprised that he figured that out just by looking at me but I didn't show it.

"I do hope you didn't come here just to discuss my distrust in you or my father" I said he shook his head "No I came here to discuss Nimue industries" he said "So what about it?" I asked "SeeI happen to know the company his going under and why, I know the dirty money that's been put into Nimue  Industries for generations is the company's biggest problem, see the press already knows The company is going under but imagine how interested they'd be to know that it was built from the blood of everyone Nimue industries former CEOs has killed" he said my eyes went wide hearing those words.

"And what exactly does this have to do with me? What do you want?" I asked "I want you to help me keep it for going under" he said "And why would I do that?" I asked "Because if this company goes down then do does yours" he said with a look that could be mistaken for threatening. "Are you threatening me Mr Bane?" I asked looking at him intensely. "Oh no I would never, I'm not an idiot I wouldn't even think about making an enemy of the Nimue Family" he said I nodded thinking he was finished until he said something else. "That's why that was a promise." He said my eyes shot back up to his "what did you just say?" I asked "Your last name happens to be connected to the name of the company once it go down who do you think their going to come for next considering your not quite known for your good business tactics" he said slipping me a picture of me closing a deal with a gang not to far from here.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say your blackmailing me?" I said calmly as I looked at him Firmly.  "I'm simply trying to help you understand the consequences" he said "That company going down has no consequences on me because see unlike my father I don't use dirty money to fuel my company"  I said "even if that's true your last name is still connected to it" he pointed out. "Yes but my company isn't in my name the only thing my last name is on is the official document stating that I'm the majority shareholder and CEO" I replied. He looked to be getting frustrated as he shifted in his seat. He knew there was nothing else he could say to try and get me to save Nimue Industries. "What if we made a deal?" He asked I looked at him "I still want to be a shareholder at the company but what if I help you in a hostile takeover" he said sparking my interest.

"What makes you think I want a dying company?" I asked "Nimue industries might be a dying company buts does well in a lot of places Imagine your company being bigger then any other" he said "I don't have to imagine it my company's already the biggest one in the world" I said staring him in the eyes he leaned forward a bit in his chair. "Bigger is better" he simply said I looked at him decidedly, I still don't trust him just the fact that he works closely with my father made me suspicious but I knew it was too risky to turn him down. "Ok" I said he immediately started to smile "But first I need to know that your capable" I finished, his smile faded as he looked at me confused "Capable?" He repeated I needed to know if my guy in which was telling me not to trust him was wrong.

"This hard drive has important company data on it I need you to deliver it to one of my chair man but do not look at what's on it" I said slipping him the Hard drive. "That's it? You just want me to deliver this?" He questioned I nodded and he stood up, I did the same. He then held out an hand to me "It's settled then". He said I shook his hand "a pleasure" I replied as he then fixed his suit tie and walked to the door leaving. Now we wait I thought to myself as I sat back down in my chair.

A few seconds went by and I started to think about Isabella. I looked at the time on my wrist. This should be the time she come in for her internship why isn't she here. I started to get worried thinking about how easily trouble seems to find her so I grabbed my keys and jacket and I made my way to the front entrance and was about to leave when I heard my Assistant call out to me. "Miss Nimue? Are you leaving?" She asked I turned to look at her "Yes do you need something?" I asked. "You have meetings with vintage labels in an hour you can't leave now" she said "cancel it" I said her eyes went wide "B-but Miss Nimue it's a partnership deal we might loss it if you cancel" she pointed out I looked at the time on my watch once more before looking back up at her. "I'm a busy woman, If their true business owners I'm sure they'll understand." I said as I put on my jacket. "But-" she said but I cut her off "Good day Miss Hill" I said before leaving out of the door anyways.

I decided to drive myself to Isabellas house. I made my way up the porch and knocked at the door. After a moment the door swung open but it wasn't Isabella standing In front of me instead some girl in nothing but her underwear and a t shirt. She wasn't the best friend I knew about I've seen her before. I cleared my throat shaking away the shock. "Is Isabella home?" I asked. "She's asleep want me to relate a message?" She asked. I clinched my teeth as I looked at her "no it's fine" I said before stepping off of the porch and getting back in the car and driving off.