Chapter 56

Erica's POV;

The next day I went into the office even though I ignored Erica and Mika while they were at my house and spent the entire day in my bedroom with Isabella they still decided to show up at the office. "Here's the reports from the financial department" said Mika handing me 3 folders full of paperwork I set them to the side. "Alright I'll sign off on them later" I said without even looking up from my laptop. 

"Erica" said Mika causing me to pause and stop typing. "Is there anything else you need?" I asked rather coldly. "Erica please" she said "If that is all you can leave" I replied. She shook her head and scoffed. "I made a mistake Erica you act as if your perfect, dad was right you do seem to ride around on this high horse and act as if you're different from everybody else, it's absurd your not perfect Erica" she said before storming out of my office and slamming the door behind her. I sighed and shut my laptop before leaning back in my chair exhaustedly. I've never once claimed to be perfect yet when people come around me they automatically paint me as such it's been like that since I was young.

Just as I was about to close my eyes there was a knock at the door. Ugh again I thought annoyed, "Come in" I shouted loud enough so they could hear me. The door swung open then closed I looked up to see Isabella standing there and it was like instantly my exhaustion and annoyance faded away.

"Oh? What's this, late on your first day back?" I asked teasingly. "It's your fault miss one more round, how do you even have so much energy?" She asked walking over and setting down two iced teas before handing one to me. I was surprised I hadn't asked her to go out and get anything, in fact I told her that she didn't have to worry about the assistant work because I'm working on hiring a new one so all she has to do is focus on her studies and learn more about business from me.

"For me?" I asked being sure that the tea was for me "yeah I wasn't sure if you liked yours sweet and cold or hot and bitter so I just went with what I like" she said as she sat down in one of the chairs in front of my desk. She was so cute that I suddenly had the urge to kiss her over and over again but of course I kept it professional for now clearing my throat and thanking her before going back to my work. We sat in my office in a comfortable silence she caught up on a few pages of work she's missed in her classes while I continued to look at the stock market.

Just then there was a text reminder on my phone that reminded me that I had dinner with Chevy tonight at a local restaurant 6 blocks away from a police station so neither one of us could try something shady towards the other. I sighed I still didn't have a game plan for dealing with Chevy I needed a way to get rid of him for good but killing him isn't an option.

For now I'm just going to speak with him and by myself sometime before he try's to use my company for illegal washing and bring everything I've built crashing down. I can't be involved in something like that especially when the FBI is still trying to pin me.

After a day at the office me and Isabella left together. It was pretty nice outside so I decided that we'd walk back to my house. "So have you made up your mind about staying at my place?" I asked "I've decided to stay I really don't want to be kidnapped again" she said. "Smart choice" I replied "I've bumped up security and surveillance at the mansion and I'll Show you where the safe room is just in case" I explained. "Safe room? Your making it sound like a war is about to happen" she said "in some ways it is" I said as it went silent and nothing but the sound of the wind and cars passing by could be heard.

Night came and I left my master bedroom where Isabella was asleep guarded and locked down just in case tonight Chevy decided to try something while I'm away from my house.

I got in the back seat of the car and as soon as my door shut the driver pulled off. I was going alone bringing Mika and Andrea is too risky, Mika's smart but that's no use to me in this situation and Andrea is good at getting people out of trouble with the law, I need something outside of the law to help me. I looked out of the window lost in thought as we drove through traffic.