Chapter 62

Isabella's POV:

"Why can't we just use the house designer I hired?" Asked Erica as we were trying to hang up a painting on our new bedroom wall. "I don't want a house decorated by someone else" I grunted struggling to hold the painting up until my hand slipped and it came crashing down. Erica immediately grabbed my waist and pulled me out of the way of the painting falling and It hit the ground with a loud thump before breaking. 

"No! My painting" I said as I put my hand on my forehead. "See this is too much let's just take the designers help she said she could have it done in two days" said Erica I shook my head as I went over to pick up the pieces of my painting. I heard Erica let out a loud sigh, "Why are you being so stubborn about this?" She asked "Because I want it to be ours" I said "It is ours" she replied "That's not what I mean, I'm saying I want it to have our touch, me and you like how my ma and pa decorated our old family home" I said with a sigh before giving up and dropping the pieces back to the ground. Erica sighed but this time more softly before she walked over to me and crouched down beside me.

"I want this to be a place that resembles both of us so when we start a family one day our kids could feel a sense of home, you know that feeling of comfort" I explained. "Our kids huh" said Erica making sure the word out was heard. My eyes went wide with realization, I basically just forced the idea of children on her. I don't even know if she wants kids, "I'm sorry I didn't ask you if you even wanted that type of future with me, just forget I said anything" I said getting up and about to walk away. Just then Erica grabbed my wrist and pulled me back towards her causing me to spin around, I looked up at her to see smiling at me warmly.

"I never said I didn't, Isabella I'd gladly start a family with you" she said. I looked into her eyes that seems to be twinkling at the thought.

I felt relieved at her response, she kissed my forehead before speaking softly "Ok we can do this by ourselves if that's what you really want, but no matter what we do this is our home" she said I found myself pouting as I looked at her in awe.

I don't remember when but at some point she became my everything. I hugged her tightly as I laid my head on her chest, "No it's ok let's call the designers" I said realizing that I was being pretty stubborn for nothing. She rubbed my back as she kissed my head "Okay" she said softly.

"I love you" I said she pulled away and looked at me surprised "What?" I said confused "You- Nothing it's just this is the first time you've ever said that to me" she said. "What are you talking about I've told you I love you before" I said. I was sure I've said that to her before, "No I would say I love you and your response would be, Me too, you'd never actually say the words" she pointed out. I realized she was right I've never actually said the words. "You're completely right now I feel like a jerk" I said "It's fine I've always knew exactly what you meant so I never took it to heart" said Erica. I looked at her with a look of curiosity When exactly did she become so mature about things like this. This is the same woman who bought an entire restaurant just to spite me.

"What?" She asked "Hm nothing you've just grown up" I said she chuckled "Grown up?, I'm way older then you why are you saying that like a proud big sister or something?" Asked Erica.

"You may have been older than me but you were still pretty immature" I pointed out. "I was not" she said "You were but it's ok I still loved you" I said she smiled "Good cover up" she said before peaking my lips then walking over to the dresser and grabbing her keys.

"Where are you off to?" I asked she gave me a look one that I knew meant she can't tell me. She made it a habit to not tell me anything that would endanger me or my freedom it was a safe plan in case one day her underground work had been discovered by the authorities. she'd talk about her legal business with me but nothing beyond that.

It worries me sometimes when she's out late but she always called me right after she's done doing whatever she's doing and no matter what she always takes my calls. "Ok I know the rules just don't be gone too long" I said she walked over and kissed my forehead "I won't" she said before leaving.

I sighed I guess I'll go out today as well.

I looked down at the broken painting and pointed a stern finger at it "I'll deal with you later" I said before leaving the room and making my way to the bathroom. I needed to shower and get dressed, today I'm going to try my best to max out this yellow card.

____________________________________

End of chapter: I'm going to take a break from updating this book for now, however I will resume In June on the 24th. I kind of need some time to figure out where this book is even going and how I'll end it.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them on my announcement board on the most recent announcement or I won't see it.