Chapter 57

Erica's POV:

"Ok you want to talk let's talk" said Chevy. "Your a smart man Chevy which is how I know you know that the river deal you brought to me is too risky, if the money coming in is traced to my company then it will cause an issue" I explained. "Me issues or you issue?" He asked "Me and you, how long do you think it'll take them to figure out that the dirty water is flowing from your direction?" I asked. Chevy touched his beard as if he was thinking about something.

"She's Right, a deal like this is too risky" said Paris. Chevy sighed before whispering something in Paris ear while he was doing so that gave me time to think. If money is what he's mad about then why not just ask me to pay him back why go through all this trouble just to wash some money?, unless...he has the same pest problem I do and if he's doing all this then it must be bad.

I began to laugh uncontrollably causing everyone at the table to look at me like I was crazy. " why didn't I think of this before?" I asked myself out loud. "Something funny doch? (Daughter)" asked Chevy, I stood up from my seat "Chevy this meeting is over" I said just then some man walked in and drew their guns pointing them at both me and Aaron but Aaron was just as quick drawing his as well and pointing it at Chevys head while Paris aimed his at me. "This meeting isn't over until I say so" said Chevy, "See you did a bad thing Erica and when my children do a bad thing they get punished" he said in a threatening tone. It was very clear to me that he was threatening me, "Good thing I'm not one of your children then" I said causing him to tighten his fist. "I don't think you understand-" he said but I cut him off "No I don't think you understand, it's not me who needs you but you who needs me, you could have easily asked for the money back that was lost during the night club set up but instead you asked me to wash your money, you saw my error as an opportunity to get what you wanted, am I close?" I asked.

"Not quite" said Paris "Ok then let me explain further, you've been made by the FBI and they have enough on you to throw your old ass in jail all while draining every one of your accounts full of illegal money, in other words the Feds are so far up your ass that you can barely move" I said. The look on Chevys faces told me that I was correct and now that I knew that I no longer needed to be cautious I could flip him he knows that I'm the only person that can help him and if he's going through all this then that means he's ran out of  options.

"Let's go Aaron we're leaving" I said walking up to the exit where the man where standing with their guns still pointed at us however I knew very well that Chevy wasn't going to give the order for them to shoot me seeing as he needed me in that moment. Just as I was about to leave Chevy said something. "Wait" he said I turned around and could practically smell the desperation on him and that when I knew this was the perfect moment to hook him. "I could simply pay you back the money your so pissed off about and go on with my life, I'm under no obligation to help you whatsoever but instead I'm going to offer you a different deal but first your going to have to abandon your pride and listen to it" I said. The room was silent for a moment but then Chevy nodded to his man and they all automatically put down their guns which was his way of saying he'll listen.

"I'll help you get the Feds off of you but it won't be easy so it won't be free" I said

"Money is no issue" said Chevy "What I want from you isn't money" I replied "Then what?" Asked Chevy , "I want you to give me your word that you are now one of my Allies and that our groups will never attack one another again" I said "Scared of a little battle? That's not like my doch (daughter)" said Chevy. "A battle with you is not a battle at all it's a war" I said. I can't go head to head with Chevy I remember that now and I was crazy to think that I could, a knock out contest like that would be won by him with very few blows, Chevy smirked.

"With this deal even after the Feds are gone we can continue to help each other, I'll even throw in the rights to a new clean business I'm working on developing" I said. Chevy has many business but their all underground businesses. What I'm offering him is a pure clean business that can be pasted down from generation to generation and would Survive another situation with the Feds like this. "And in return all you want is my word?" Asked Chevy. "Not just your word I want to make a mafia promise" I said.