Chapter 12

Isabellas POV

"Sneaking around at a crime scene?" My papa said as I sat on the couch looking down at my hands while my mama and papa went on about how wrong that was. "What we're you thinking" my mama asked

"I- I wasn't" I said looking down in shame my papa sighed and sat down next to me "내 사랑" my dad said in Korean which meant my Love "you kids could have been hurt what if whoever did that came back and saw you there" he said "I know dad and I'm sorry" I said just as my mom came and sat down on the other side of me "it's ok just never do that again" my dad said "I won't I promise" I said he smiled and kissed my cheek "so does this mean I'm not grounded" I asked "uh you have to ask your mother about that one" my dad and I turned to look at my mom with pleading eyes she sighed "fine your not grounded" she said I smiled but that soon faded when I heard her say but, "but your on dish duty for a month" my mom said I grumbled "ughhhhhh" I said "yeah yeah" my mom said before kissing my forehead and getting up to leave I looked at my dad who just shrugged "you brought this on yourself" he said I huffed and leaned back in my seat with my arms folded pouting my dad laughed as I did so.

The next day I was getting ready for my date with Samanthas help "So I was right after all" she said helping me zip up the back of my blue dress. I rolled my eyes while looking at myself in the mirror "I knew you were going to gloat about this" I said "am I gloating" she said with a smirk on her face as she finished zipping the back of my dress I let my hair down that I was holding up and turned to look at her, "yes you are and you know it" I said she laughed "So do you like like him?, like him ? or like like like him?" she asked "I have no idea what any of those combinations of like even mean" I said truthfully as I looked through my jewelry box to find a few accessories.

"Ok look one like means you like him but as a friend two means you like him and see yourself dating him three means you see yourself with him five years from now maybe married with a dog and a cute house and maybe like 2 kids" she explained

"Well differently not three" I said

"Ok then two?" she asked

"No, I mean I don't know" I said "well he's clearly into you" she said "look I just want to see how this date goes if I call you and tell you everything about it then you'll know it went well but if I call you and tell you very little about it then you'll know he did something Douche baggie" I said she shrugged "Ok but we're not talking over the phone we talk about it in person I want to be able to read you facial expressions" she said I rolled my eyes "fine" I said and she smiled. "Ok now help me with this necklace" I said giving her the necklace.

After  I was all dressed i turned towards her "how do I look" I asked "amazing if you weren't my bestie and like a sister to me I'd differently bang you" she said

"Ew I told you to stop saying that" I said she chuckled

"No seriously though you looks gorgeous babes" she said I smiled just then I heard a knock at the door. "I should go get that before my mom do" I said to Samantha as I raced downstairs but I was to late my parents had already answered the door. I walked downstairs and quickly went to the door but my parents had already let him in.

"So your the boy taking my Daughter on a date huh?" My mom asked with one eyebrow raised in these types of situations it's usually the dad being the overly protective one but in my case with a super friendly Korean dad and a mean Latino mom it's always the other way around. "Yes ma'am" Alex said "let me ask you something" my mom said squinting her eyes, oh no here she goes I thought to myself as she did so,

"You do any drugs?, how old are you?, have you ever been arrested?, what's your grades like in school?," she asked all at once I closed my eyes thinking that he was going to start to stumble over his words or say something stupid and screw up like the other guys I have dated"