Chapter 35

Ericas POV:

"Why should I care I seem to recall you making Aaron your successor" I said "i did but I soon came to realize that he's not ready I fear that his unstable personality could get in the way, i still believe he'd make a great CEO...one day but not today" he said in a dry raspy voice. When he said that I knew that he was referring to the face that Aaron was diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder he has meds for it but he won't take them. he looked sicker then he did last time.

"So what are you saying?" I asked "I'm saying I want you to take my place as CEO of the company" he said before coughing a few times I  was surprised at first but then it turned into amusement as I started to laugh at him. Him and Mika both stared at me, my father with a sour face and Mika with an confused one. After I stopped laughing I wiped the tears that was forming from laughing too hard. "Let me get this straight you want me to take over the very company you told me I'd never have unless I stopped my attention seeking claim to liking girls and marry a man of your choosing?" I said it was silent as I spoke again. "Ha! Did you really believe I'd fall for this?!, you know my feelings towards woman hasn't changed and I know your mind about it hasn't either so what do you really want" I asked leaning back on the couch and crossing one leg over the other with a smirk on my face.

We sat there silent for a moment and I analyzed the look on his face that's when it hit me. "Oh my the company is going under isn't it?" I asked he was silent which was enough of an answer for me. "So you were just going to dump a dying company on me?" I asked he sighed "it's not like that I knew You had the means to restore it" he said. "Wait so the company is dying?" Asked Mika "Yes it had been for a while" he said.

So this is was why he visited me and kept insisting that we talk he had no intention on apologizing for everything he's done.

"Right well good luck with that" I said before getting up about to walk away until he called my name. "Erica wait" he said before coughing. "Whats next you gonna ask for my liver too?" I asked he sighed "I have a lung disease Erica you know I don't need your liver" he said "I'm not pouring my money into a dying company that you want to give to Aaron once I'm done" I said. "Erica please I have no one else I can trust with it" he said. I was about to decline again until I go an idea one that I knew he'd blow a fuse over.

"Let's say I do as your requesting, what do I get out of it? We all know Nimue industries was built criminally and past Down from generation to generation, taking on a Company with dirty money running through it could put me at risk" I said. "I'll give you whatever you want" he said. "Ok then I want to be the majority shareholder of Nimue industries" I said he was like her froze hearing those words. "Erica I'm offering you CEO" he said "CEO is just a label, labels can be removed I want a written contract putting me as the main shareholders of Nimue Industries"  I said he sat there with an irritated loo on his face.

"Erica I can't just-" he said but I cut him off "Why? Were you planning to force me out once the company used enough of my money to stand on it's own?" I said. "Your money? Don't forget who helped you start that little company of yours" he said clearly getting pissed off. "Do you mean you?!" I asked "who else would I mean if it wasn't for me you'd-" he said but I cut him off once again "if it wasn't for you I'd be married to the woman I loved right now and not visiting her grave site" I said staring at my father.

He sighed "it's been years and your still blaming me" he said. "You tried to pay her to not marry me before and suddenly she's in a car accident two weeks later after she declined your offer? You killed her" I said getting pissed "If you truly believed that why didn't you try to kill me all those years when you came to that conclusion? I guess you didn't love her as much as you say you did" he said with a shrug. I stormed over and grabbed him by his shirt he was lighter then he used to be so it was easy to lift him. "Erica! Erica stop" cried out Mika. "Don't you ever let me hear you say those words again you don't know shit I loved her more then I ever loved you and you took her from me Admit it Admit that you KILLED HER!" I yelled in his face just then I heard a voice. "I killed her" said the voice causing everyone to look at them only to see Aaron standing there.

My grip on my fathers shirt loosened as I turned my attention towards Aaron. "What did you just say?" I asked preying i didn't hear him right.

"Dad didn't kill her, I did, the day she died was the day she left my apartment. I confessed to her, we kissed but she pushed me away claiming that she loved you, I thought that I could make her love me if I explained more to her if I told her I loved her since high school, so I followed her in my car she got to a red light and I tried calling her phone she picked it up and seen that it was me before throwing it in the back seat of her car completely ignoring me, I don't know what happened I got so mad I remember tightening my hands around the steering wheel before slamming my feet down on the gas" he said  I stood there in shock at his words Mika covered her mouth as she stood there shocked as well.

"After the impact knocked me out, I woke up, I thought it had did the same to her but when I got out to go look she wasn't breathing" he said those last few words were enough to make me launch at him tackling him to the ground and punching him in the face repeatedly, Mika called out to me desperately trying to stop me but I ignored her. "You Killed her, this whole time it was you" I said while punching. just then two hands grabbed me but I pushed them away continuing to plow his face in, he could have easily overpowered me but he didn't he just laid there and I had no attention on stopping until he was dead, but then I heard her voice.

"Erica?" Said Isabella I stopped and looked up at her slowly my hands coded with blood from Aaron's nose and mouth.

"W-what's happening?" Asked Isabella with a fearful look on her face as she stood there confused. I stood up backing away from Aaron before looking around at everyone's face I wiped at my face trying to prevent myself from crying, but was unsuccessful so I stormed out of the living room and out of the house getting in the car and immediately pulling off.

I didn't know where I was going I just knew I had to get out of that house.