Chapter 37

The morning after
Isabellas POV:

I woke up to the sun light beaming through the window curtains, I opened and closed my eyes rubbing them as I tried to adjust to the bright morning light I pulled myself up so that I was sitting up but when I did the cover slipped revealing my bare chest, I was naked I  quickly pulled the sheets back up and looked around the room my eyes landing on the other Side of the bed that was empty.

She left I thought to myself as I clutched the sheets I don't know what I expected she was drunk and probably thinks it was a mistake, I don't blame her It was wrong I mean she has a girlfriend!, oh my god I'm the other girl. I thought as I started to panic jump out of bed and dashing around the room grabbing my clothes and putting them on. As I was looking for my shirt I noticed a note on the nightstand with my name on it. I picked it up and started to read it.

The note
~ Come to the kitchen
I made breakfast hope you like
French Toast and eggs ;)~

I found myself smiling at the note before finding my shirt on the floor by the nightstand, I grabbed it and put it on before making my way out of the room and to the kitchen only to see Erica at the stove, her long silky hair was tied in a messy but perfect bun, she was dressed in a white pants suit and wore a pair of white heels to match with gold earrings hanging from her ears and a gold watch resting on her wrist. She turned around with a pot and spatula in her hand, she looked up and saw me standing there nervously.

"Well are you going to sit down?" She asked I slowly walked over to the stool at the counter sitting down. As soon as I did so and placed an plate of hot breakfast in front of me and some orange juice on the side. "Thanks" I said nervously as she placed her plate on the counter and threw a towel over her shoulder before beginning to eat standing up.

It was quiet as we both took a bite of the food she made. I felt so awkward sitting in front of her after last night and I felt bad for doing this to Miss hart. "Isabella" she said causing me to look up. "Hm?" I answered "About last night" she said I sighed I knew this was going to happen. I thought as I looked up at her. "I know you were drunk I shouldn't have never took advantage of you, I'm sorry" I said hanging my head low in shame just then I  heard a chuckle and I looked up to see Erica laughing.

I was so confused and shocked as she did so, "Took advantage of me?" She repeated "Yeah...you were Drunk" I said she chuckled once more before looking at me. "Sweetheart I was drunk but I was still very much aware, you didn't Rape me if that's what your thinking I don't regret nothing we did last night" she said which surprised me but also eased my mind a little. "Not even the fact that you cheated on Miss Hart?" I asked feeling guilty again, "cheated on Miss hart?" She repeated "She's your girlfriend right? She was flirting with you back at that building of yours" I said confused as to why she was looking so confused.

"Oh no darling Andrea and I aren't dating, we did years ago when we were teenagers but now we're just friends" she said clearing up everything I sighed a breath of relief "Oh" I replied. "Don't take her flirting to heart it's a part of her most charming personality" she said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. I chuckled. once my laughs disappeared and it went quiet again Ericas face went serious, "Do you regret what happened last night?" she asked leaning forward as she searched my eyes waiting for an answer.

"If I say no what would happen next" I asked she reached out and caressed my cheek. "Then i'd probably give you a repeat of last night" she said causing my face to heat up at her words, I looked up at her "and if the answer is yes" I said she paused as she looked at me for a moment before retracting her hand from my face. "Then our relationship will be strictly professional from here, if you choose to continue this internship" she said sipping her drink before looking at me. I knew my answer was no I did not regret the night we spent together, I enjoyed her every touch, her every kiss and her most arousing and intoxicating smell as her skin brushed over mine, I wanted badly to feel that again. to have her hold me close as she caressed every inch of my body.

"No I don't regret what happened between us" I said looking at her with a serious look on my face. She glanced up at me her piercing almond eyes staring deep into mine. Just then there was a dinging sound. I thought it was my phone at first but it turned out to be Ericas instead. She looked at her phone briefly before frowning and setting it down.

"Everything ok?" I asked she looked up at me. "Yeah it was just my sister telling me that her and Andrea took the jet back home because something urgent came up at the company" she said. "Shouldn't you be going with her?, your the CEO" I said she shrugged "in a major company like mine there are departments in not to long ago I gave Mika free range over one of them" she said my business Curiosity started to take over as I sparked up a conversation. "And which department do she oversee?" I asked. "The finances department, she's the boss, that department oversees Stock numbers, Money income and outcome Etc" she explained. This was so much different then my family's restaurant my mother usually counted the money at the end of each month and stashed it away in a shoe box then tucked it under their bed.

"It's important to have someone you trust to handle your company's money sometimes there's greedy employees that take a cut of the money that's supposed to be deposited into the company's account, if that continues to happen then your company will fall quickly. without the money needed to run the company it will shut down" she added I nodded in understanding this information was actually very useful for when I start my own company someday. "What about the other departments do you have trustworthy people running those as well?" I asked. "Rather their trustworthy will be determined in due time if they turn out not to be I'll weed them out and plant them elsewhere" she said but I felt like that last part was a threat to them.

It went quiet as Erica washed the empty plates and glasses we had used. She then began to dry them, My mind thought back to that night before and everything that happened. the tears on her face and the words she was saying. Something happened that I didn't know about and from the looks of everything that day it was something with her family, I wanted to ask her about it but didn't know if I should.

After a moment of thinking I decided to give in to my curiosity and ask.

I cleared my throat gaining her attention, "So about last night" I said "I already told you I don't regret anything" she said putting the last dish she was drying in the cabinet. "No, um not that the other things that happened before that" I said her body went Stiff as the happy look on her face disappeared. "I- it's just that I'm having an hard time understanding what happened-" I said "Nothing happened just a disagreement between my brother and I let's not discuss it any further" she said her tone going icy cold as she looked at me with an intimidating look. I immediately dropped the subject even though I had a feeling it was something more, something bigger then just a fight between siblings. I knew that if I wanted to know what happened I'd have to ask someone else.

Just then she cleared her throat before changing her facial expression again. "I remember promising you I'd buy you all new stuff for this trip so I called a driver for us so that we could go to central Mall today" she said quickly changing the subject. "I- oh there's no need for that we won't be staying long right?" I asked she gave me an apologetic look which made me confused. "What's wrong?" I asked "The jet had to go in for some fixes after dropping off Mika and Andrea, we're stuck here for a week" she said "Oh, wait can't we just catch a flight back home?" I asked she shook her head no. "Trust me I Tried to book tickets the moment I found out but the airport is fully booked this week they offered me a seat for next Monday but by then the jet will be up and running again" she said. She seems more calm about the situation then I excepted her to be given recent events, you would think she'd want to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Oh that's to bad" I said she shrugged. "It's fine it's just a week" she said before walking around from behind the counter and turning me around on the twisting stool so that I was facing her. "Besides you'll be spending it with me" she said her face just inches away from mine, I thought we were about to kiss till she smirked and pulled away leaving me sitting there as she walked to the door. "Come on our rides waiting" she said I sighed as she walked out of the door. "Ugh she smelt so good" I whispered before getting up and going to the door then leaving out as well.