Chapter 50! 🎉

Erica's POV:

I got to the warehouse and was immediately stopped by two man on each side of my window pointing guns at me. "Come on sexy step out of the car" said one guy licking his lips disgustingly at me. I put my hands up and the other guy who was covered in tattoos and wore shades opened the car door and I stepped out. He then began to search me "I'm unarmed" I said trying to see if they'd take my word for it but it seems like they've been properly informed about me. "Yeah sure you are" said the first guy as he found the gun on my hip and took it. I usually carry more than one weapon but I didn't have much time to prepare I only had the gun I keep under the seat of my car.

"Now I'm really unarmed" I said the man made a thinking face "Hmm? I don't know maybe we need to undress you" said the man licking his lips once again as he stepped forward just then the warehouse door opened and Paris stepped out. "That's Enough Brian" said Paris with a pissed off look. The man named Brian stood there glaring at Paris for a moment but then stepped back. Once he was out of the way I immediately turned my attention to Paris "Where is she?" I asked my fist balled up. "Did you come alone?" He asked completely ignoring my question. "I did" I said. He smirked "Good" he said before turning his back and starting to walk towards the warehouse. The tattoo covered man pushed me forward as if to say follow so I did.

We walked into the warehouse and my eyes immediately landed on Isabella who was tied to a chair unconscious. I tried to rush over to her but was stopped "Not so fast little lady" said Paris stepping in front of my view of Isabella. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER!" I yelled "Relax I used a none lethal way of knocking her out, you don't have to worry I care about her too much to ever hurt her" said Paris. I scoffed "And I'm supposed to just believe that" I said. "Yes and if I were you I'd also thank me Chevy was going to send some weirdos even worse then the one you met outside and who knows what would've happened to her before you were called, but I told him I'd do it instead" he said. "Maybe you just wanted to take advantage of her your-" I said but he immediately cut in "I'd never do that" he said his face going cold and serious.

Even though we're in this situation I could still tell that he had genuine feelings for Isabella which annoyed me but left me feeling relieved. "Don't believe me?" He said before pulling out his gun. I thought he was going to shoot me but to my surprise he aimed it at the guy next to me named Brian. "Wait! what are you-" said the man but was cut off by Paris's gun going off and the bullet striking him right in the head. Blood splattered everywhere and some even got on me. My eyes went wide, not because I just witnessed someone being shot, no I was quite use to that. But because Paris shot his own man to prove how much he cared about Isabella.

Just then the tattooed man offered me a handkerchief. I was hesitant at first but then took it and wiped the blood from my face. "Why" I asked even though I knew why he killed him. "He said some things about Isabella I didn't like" said Paris before putting his gun away. "Now you see, she's safe with me that I can promise even if I were to be ordered to take her life I wouldn't" he said in a serious tone. "Why are you going out of your way to show me you care for her?" I asked it didn't make any sense he could have just said it and left it at that. "Because in the future I might have to take her again" he said "I'm not letting that happen" I replied "You won't have a choice" he said. I balled my fist tightly at his words unable to tell if he was threatening me or warning me.

"If your working for Chevy I can assume that your one of his goons" I said "Try family, I'm his blood nephew Paris Maranzano" he said. I was shocked I was never aware that Chevy had any other family besides his 3 sons. "Knowing that Chevy leads his man by threatening they're lives and the lives of their family I'm glad your not just a goon now I won't feel bad when I kill you" I said.

Paris chuckled. "There's no need for violence I'll let you leave with her" he said I looked at him confused. "What?" I replied "You can take Isabella and go home unharmed" he said with a shrug "If you were just going to let us go why kidnap her in the first place?" I asked. "You know my uncle maybe even better than I do, what do you think he wanted?" He asked. I thought for a moment but then it hit me. "Was this really all just to show me that I'm not untouchable?" I asked in disbelief. "You know uncle Chevy he likes to show off his strength" he said "Yeah and waste a whole lot of everyones time" I replied "I wouldn't call it a waste, when you go home and you take her with you'll realize that she's not safe anymore no matter where she goes, who she meets or where she stays you will always feel like she's in danger, that's why I'm going to make an offer to you and your going to accept it" he said confidently. "And what makes you so confident I will?" I asked. "Her" he said pointing at Isabella. "You're going to do it because you want her to be safe" he added.