Chapter 15

Your Author speaking/ hey guys so this book is going to be kind of long and there's a good amount of events that I have to have happen before Erica and Isabella even attempt to get together so bear with me.

Isabellas POV

I was in my room when Sam came barging In "Guess who got into Parkinson University!!!!" She said I looked up from my laptop surprised "you got into Parkinson's University?!" I asked

"Yes!" She said flopping down on my bed "that's amazing Sam I'm happy for you" I said she smiled which soon turned into a frown when she seen that I was checking my email on my laptop, every since my parents sold the restaurant and got the money I've been looking at some colleges, I'm late applying to them though so there's like a 25% chance of me even getting in. I applied to all the same ones sam did and I've been waiting all week for them to respond to my Application but I haven't gotten anything, graduation is Less then a week away and I am unprepared I don't even know if I want to get a dorm or an off campus apartment now that I have the money.

"Still haven't gotten anything back from them" she asked

"Nope" I said popping the p "you well I mean your school grades are way more impressive then mine Plus you got the whole teachers pet thing going on so the recommendations should be flowing in by now" she said trying to lighten the mood I smiled just then my laptop dinged 3 times and I quickly opened the email that I had just got from one of the schools and began reading it out loud "I'm sorry to in form you but your Application has been denied" I read out loud Sam frown, "it's fine that's just Boston university let's check the others" I said before doing so but every last one said the same but in slightly different words I sighed.

"Hey don't give up just yet there's still one left you applied to 4" she reminded me

"Right" I said

"How about we go get ice cream or something while we wait" Sam offered "Nah I'm sure you have some packing and other stuff to do besides I don't want to miss the email" I said she sighed and gave me a hug we stayed like that for a moment before letting go "ok I'll talk to you later text me when you get the email" she said I nodded and she left the room, once she was gone I decided to go downstairs where I saw my Papa sitting at the table on his laptop. "Hey papa what you looking at" I asked "Hey I'm glad your up I'm looking at some homes but I don't want to pick one until we know how far you'll be moving, have you heard back from the college's you applied to?" he asked I sighed and sat down "well yes and no" I said he looked at me confused "what do you mean" he asked "well I was turned down by 3/4 of the college's all claiming that they don't have anymore spots available" I explained he sighed and took his reading glasses off  "I'm sorry princess this is all our fault you could've applied a lot earlier if we didn't try to hold on to the restaurant" he said I shook my head "No papa it's not your fault" I said "I love you princess but we both know it is" he said I sighed "look dad there's still one more I haven't heard back from so there's still hope" I said trying to make him feel better he gave me a half smile "yeah your right" he said I smiled and hugged him. "So what are you going to do with this house" I asked "well your Abuela and Abuelo won't be moving with us so their going to stay here" he said "oh" I replied "Yup your mother and I was actually talking about also buying a vacation home on and island that way we call all meet up there for the holidays" he said "That sounds great dad but shouldn't we be a little more responsible with the money I mean how much even is it" I asked "oh don't worry honey it's about 4 million we have more then enough" he said "4 Million?!" I repeated "Yes apparently our restaurant was built on top of a huge oil land" he explained as my mouth hung open still stuck on the fact that my family are basically millionaires now.

"Papa we're basically rich with that type of money we can open a new restaurant" I said "Yeah I thought about that at first but then your mother made me realize that we've been working all our lives we think it's time to step out of the business world permanently" he said

"You mean retirement?" I asked "Yes your 18 years old now and we think it's time to sit back and watch what you do with your life you know let you build the life you want" he explained I smiled "thank you" I said to him "don't thank me thank your Abuela and Abuelo I've been telling your mother this since you were 17 but she just wasn't ready to let go" he said I chuckled "well I'll be sure to do that" I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek just then my phone dinged and I quickly grabbed it out of my pocket to look at it. "What is it" my dad asked seeing my face as I opened the email from Parkinson's University. "I- I-" I said trying to find the words but could he stood up and looked at me phone. "You-

To be continued.....