Chapter 22

Isabellas POV

I was in my bed listening to music with my headphones on as I read my favorite book. It was a nice sunny day today and I had nothing else to do classes don't start for everyone until next week because they said they wanted to just give us at least a week to settle in a little more and if we're new here maybe even explore a little bit of San Diego. As I was deep into my book just then someone came walking into my room and by someone I mean Sam, I looked up taking off my headphones. I watched as she looked around my room and twisted her face. "Um Isabella what is this" she asked I looked at her confused "um my room" I said she shook her head "Absolutely not come on we're going shopping" she said before leaving not even giving me a chance to reply. I sighed and slipped on my shoes before grabbing my phone and walking downstairs.

"What's wrong with my room" I asked as she put on her shoes. "Everything now come on" she said grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the house. Well there goes my boring  quiet morning.  The first place we went to was a furniture store, I agreed to let Sam decorate my room however she wants as long as I don't have to pay for it, it made her happy even though she'll be spending her money on everything. At the furniture store we bought over 800 dollars worth of stuff that needed to be shipped to our house because there was no room for it in the car. after we went to at least 5 other stores by the time we were done the car was filled with bags and other stuff. We finally got back home and Sam dragged me straight up to my room where we spent the whole day putting together and setting up all the new stuff she had just bought. After the room was done we both laid flat on our backs on the new queen sized bed we had just put together. "So I've been meaning to ask you what class are you majoring in I'm doing all things design" asked Sam as she looked at me I sighed deeply

"I don't actually know I mean at first I thought that I'd be doing business because that's what my ma and pa wanted for me but they've made it clear that they want me to follow my own path and now I don't know where that is" I said to my best friend "I see well you can always try some of everything I'm sure you'll find something" she said I smiled "I hope so my parents sold the family restaurant just so that I could come here I don't want it to all be for nothing" I explained she warped her arms around me hugging me. "Your the most beautiful, smart , amazing and talented woman i know besides myself" she said flicking her hair I chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully.

"I know you'll make them proud no matter what you decide" she continued I smiled and hugged her tightly.

Ericas POV:

"Excuse me Miss" my assistant said walking into my office "what is it" I asked "there's a woman downstairs here to see you" she replied I looked over at my camera monitors that were on my desk the woman waved and I smiled already knowing who she was. "Send her up" I said my assistant nodded before going on her walkie-talkie. " security let her up" she said "copy that" said the guy on the other end before going silent. Just then my door opened in the woman came strutting in. "You can go" I said to my assistant who just nodded before leaving the room.

"That assistant of yours is she single?" Asked the woman I rolled my eyes "still the same old Andrea I see" I replied before going around the desk to hug her she smiled and hugged me back after a moment we both let go she took a seat down in the chair in front of me and I sat back down In my chair behind my desk. "So since I know this isn't just to catch up with an old friend what trouble are you into now" she asked looking me in the eyes. "Why would you think that" I asked "because in my line of work people who call you at 3am on a Sunday morning is usually in trouble" she said I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

"Your right we'll almost, I'm not in any kind of trouble yet but you know me I like to plan ahead" I said

  "yeah I do know you so I know whatever they think you did you definitely did otherwise I wouldn't be here" she replied

"Hm, so you know that favor you owe me?" I asked " Vividly" she simply replied "well I'm going to have to cash that in" I said she shrugged. "Ok give me the run down" she replied I nodded before pressing a button on my desk which shuts down all cameras and audio in my office before automatically making the office sound proof so that no one outside my office can hear. "Wow you hit the button now I know it's serious" she said. I then opened my desk drawers and pulled out two files before only giving her one to read first sitting the other on in front of me. I watched as she opened it scanning through it once she was done she looked up at me. "So that shooting that happened at the new nightclub was you" she said "it was a play on power" I said "right so from what I read nothing leads back to you so what did someone die?" She asked "only the intended targets" I replied she sighed and set the file down "so what exactly do you need a lawyer ? you seem to have covered up well no evidence that you were even there are in this news report or the police report" she pointed out.

"The news and the police aren't what I'm worried about it's the FBI that's on my tail" I said

"Oh god those guys are hard to shake what do they got on you" she asked

"a picture of me or what looks like me it's not very clear so you can't really see but it was me I've already got rid of the limo from the picture I burned the clothes I was wearing in the picture and had the crime scene from the picture sweep for any of my DNA there's just one problem" I said she looked at me with realization in her eyes.

"There was a witness" she said "Bingo, which leads me to this" I said handing her another file that I had placed in front of me. "Her name is Isabella Garcia she's 18 years old and of Latino and Korean culture" I said "so you want me to keep you out of jail in case she says something" she asked "close I want you to keep her out of jail" I said she looked up at me confused "I just got word that there's a warrant out for her arrest issued by the FBI".

"But they can't just arrest her for nothing her file is literally squeaky clean" she said

"Mm no not clean a few weeks ago her and 3 other kids went lurking around an active crime scene"

"The nightclub" she said I nodded my head "yes apparently none of them were officially arrested because of one of the kids were related to the lead officer" I explained

"So now the FIB are using that to their advantage" she said "yup I'm thinking their going to arrest her for a minor crime tell her she'll be serving a longer sentence then what the crimes actually worth" I said

"Cut a deal trading your freedom for hers and nail you instead" she finished I nodded "exactly not only is she a witness to the shooting but she also knows my name what I do where I live and who I work with, she's seen my face my brothers and my sisters"  I said

"Jesus you weren't cautious around her at all why is that? It's not like you to let things get this far" she said looking at me curiously she then looked at the file again before looking at me wide eyed. "This girl she looks exactly like" she started to say but I cut her off finishing her sentence for her  "Yuri I know" I said her facial expression softened "oh Erica" she said "don't let's just focus on the issue at hand" I said she nodded "ok so um how likely is miss Garcia to fall for their whole your going to jail for life scheme" she asked "there's a good 50% chance" I replied she huffed and ran a hand through her hair. "Oh that's way to high" she said "yeah my point exactly" I replied.

"Ok so here's what we're going to do, let her get arrested and taken to the police station since I know the FBI don't always play within the law their going to want to transfer her to their playing field but I'll be there before they do, I'll present myself as her lawyer throw some laws at them to get them to back off while you work on the outside making sure this is their only Ace" she explained I nodded

"Once this is over you can not contact her for at least 30 days the FBI will be pissed and watching you both like a hawk trying to find something so laying low Is advised" she finished.

"Got it" I said she then stood up "well I best get to work I'll be in touch" she said I stood up to walk her to the door "right" she reached for the knob but stopped halfway before turning around and kissing me on the lips I was shocked as she did so after a moment she pulled away licking her bottom lip. "Yup still taste the same" she said I shook my head and she smirked before leaving.

________________________________