Chapter 45

Isabella's POV:

The drive to the restaurant was nice we talked a lot with one another. with him conversation was so easy and I didn't have to worry about it being awkward when we finally get to the restaurant. After a while we finally arrived, "right on time to" said Paris as he climbed out of the car and rushed around to the other side to open the door for me. "My lady" he said with a bow as he offered me his hand. I took his hand and stepped out of the car "Your too much" I said he chuckled, "I'm aware" he replied as he shut the car door and we both made our way up to the front entrance of the restaurant. "Hello and welcome are you here to make a reservation or are you already on the list for one?" Asked the woman behind the counter. "We should already be on the list for one under the name Paris Maranzano" said Paris to the woman. She went and typed something on the computer before looking up at me "by any chance is your name Isabella Garcia?" Asked the woman I looked at her shocked and confused as to how she knew that. "Um yes?" I said "I'm sorry we're under new management and was given strict instructions not to let you in" she said. "What?" Said Paris just as confused as I was "by who?" I asked. "By me darling" said a familiar voice I looked up to see Erica walking out of the restaurant and towards us.

You've got to be kidding me. "Tell me you didn't buy an entire restaurant just to spite me" I said in disbelief. "I don't know what your talking about love it was simply just a new investment" she said with a shrug "So you just happen to so call invest in a restaurant I happen to be going on a date to?" I asked even though I didn't believe her.

She shrugged again in response. "Unbelievable" I replied as I pinched the bridge of my nose. Just then I felt a hand slightly touch my arm and looked up to see that it was Paris. "It's fine we could go somewhere else" said Paris with a genuine sweet smile on his face. That's when Erica slapped his hand that was still lingering on my arm, off of it and stood with her arms folded across her chest, well as far as they would fold giving the volume of her boobs.

"No you won't, Get in the car Isabella" she said I raised an eyebrow at her. "Excuse me, I seem to have missed the part where you told me to get in the car like I'm your damn property or something" I shouted. She went silent for a moment as she looked at me. "Can we talk" she said suddenly. I looked at her confused, what the hell is her deal?! She did all of this to ruin my date and now she wants to talk?.

"You can't be serious, No, No we can't "talk" I tried talking with you but your like a toddler who throws a tantrum when things doesn't go their way and honestly if that's how it's going to be with you then I'd rather just go back to my university and forget I ever met you" I said. Just then Erica took a deep breath as if she was trying to keep herself calm. "Please" she said begging this time. I looked her in the eyes and for some reason they seemed kind of desperate. Maybe this time she is being sincere and actually wants to just talk and not accuse me of something again. I turned to look at Paris who just smiled sweetly at me. I felt bad canceling on him now. "It's ok I understand, but know this I'm not the type to give up so easily we'll have our date just seems that it won't be today, I'll wait for you however long it takes" he said before stepping forward and taking my hand in his then kissing the back of it. "At first it was just a feeling but now I'm sure you're worth the wait" he said with confidence before letting go of my hand. Erica glared at him the entire time.

"I'll leave her in your care, take care of her" he said to Erica. "I don't need you to tell me that" Erica snarled. Paris just smiled before getting in the car completely shrugging off her rudeness. I sighed a breath of relief, even though we were outside whenever those two ran into each it was as if the air became thicker.

Once he was gone I turned to look at Erica. "Speak" I said folding my arms across my chest. "Excuse me?" She replied "You wanted to talk so talk I'm listening" I said "ok then Let's go to the office and we can-" she said but I cut her off "No here is fine, Miss Nimue" I said. "You can drop the sarcasm I'm not trying to pick a fight with you" she said as if that'll change the fact that she did before when she so called wanted to just talk. "I wouldn't put it past you" I said she sighed. "I'm woman enough to admit when I deserve something, and that I did" she said I scoffed "Woman? My mistake I was sure you were a child parading around as a woman" I said in a hostile tone. Erica ran a hand through her hair irritably, "like I said before I'm not trying to pick a fight" she said I sighed and decided to listen to her seriously This time. "I'm sorry, I've been recently made aware of a few bad habits I have when it comes to someone I like" she said, I looked at her surprised. Someone she likes? Is she talking about me? I asked myself as I continued to hear her out.

"I made and error in not making things as clear with you as you have with me and for that I'm also sorry" she said before stepping closer to me. I completely let my guard down seeing her body so close to mine.

"I want you to be mine officially" she said tracing her long fingers along my shoulder before bringing her hand up to cup the side of my face. "Will you?" She asked softly as her face became dangerously close to mine.