Thirty-Seven-Round Two 11.1

Eric

I wake Saturday morning and reach for my phone debating on if I should call her already.  I had the best time with her last night—better than I expected.  I decide I shouldn't rush it.  I'll wait a little while.  I get cleaned up and text her that I'm heading down to the cafeteria for breakfast if she wants to meet up.  I receive a reply as I lock my front door. 

'I just got up.  I'll be down in about thirty minutes.'

I smirk at that.  I see Ryan step out of his apartment. 
"How's it going?" I question. 
"Hangover," he mumbles rubbing his temple. 
"You need to stop overdoing it," I chuckle lightly. 
"Yeah," he agrees. 
We take the elevator down together and I'm surprised he hasn't asked me anything yet.  It has to be the hangover—either his head hurts more than his curiosity is pressing, or he forgot because of the pain.  We walk through the Pit and I hear soft whispers as we pass about Ryan's antics last night.  I glance to him and chuckle.  Some are even about me. 
"I saw him out with a girl last night," someone whispers. 
"The usual ones?" the other questions. 
"No.  This one looked decent, sweet.  I think he might be looking to settle down," the first replies. 
I smirk at that.  I am.
We arrive at the cafeteria together and go through the line. I grab plenty of food but it looks like Ryan gets some mild stuff—eggs and toast. It's probably to settle his stomach.  I do see him get a cup of coffee, though, and that won't help with that... but it will help with his headache. I grab a smaller cup than the giant thing he has.
"Is that your hangover meal?" I tease.
"Pretty much," he grins.
We take our seats at the leadership table and it looks kind of sparse in here. I realize I got up at my usual time but most everyone else must've slept in. I start on my eggs and see Ryan hunched over his coffee still rubbing his head.
"Why don't you go back to bed, man?" I question.
"Eh, I'm up now. Besides, I enjoy breakfast," he shrugs it off.
I go back to my plate and finish the eggs before they get cold and move onto another protein. Ryan continues to sip his coffee a bit more. I see him eventually eating food. He's no longer rubbing his head so he must be feeling better.
Lydia and Max approach us.
"So..." Lydia grins sliding in next to me. Max sits beside her.
"So?" I chuckle.
"How'd the big date go?" she inquires.
"Who told you?" I question raising a skeptical eyebrow at her.
"I have my ways," she taunts.
"Hale's friend, Ares, said he saw you with the number one from last year," Max answers for me.
I grin in that she thinks she's sneaky.
"Yeah, he said if he'd have known the little Stiff looked that good, he'd have asked her out himself," Lydia mentions with a chuckle.
I roll my eyes. I doubt she'd be interested in someone over ten years older than her. Plus, he's a total womanizer. He's got a worse reputation than mine—except his is actually true. I've seen him messing around with my own eyes.
"I doubt Tris would take to someone like him," I admit.
"True," she nods. "But remember now that you've shown her off, you might get some competition."
"There won't be any competition," I say smugly.
"It went that well?" she questions surprised.
I purse my lips and nod. "It did."
"Good," she grins. "It's about time you've got a girl. I'm still pushing him over there to find someone. And this guy, too," she says pointing to Ryan first and then Max with her thumb.
"You're trying to set me up with Hannah Pedrad," Max guffaws.
"What's wrong with Hannah?" Lydia questions.
I nod my agreement peering over to see this response for myself. Max raises an eyebrow at us as he sips his coffee. He sighs as he sets it down.
"You know her husband was one of my closest friends," he defends.
"Yeah, and now he's gone. He's dead, Max... and you're not. She's not either," Lydia pushes.
"That'd just be weird," he admits.
"I've seen the way she looks at you," Lydia defends.
"And how's that other than friendly?" he questions.
"She sees the same strong, handsome Dauntless leader we all see," she shrugs nonchalantly.
He chuckles in response but he appears flattered.
"Hannah has always spoken fondly of you," I add eating a bite of my pancakes. "Her kids, too."
He purses his lips and nods. She's seated with both of them along with their girlfriends.
"So... what'd you and little miss Stiff do?" Lydia nudges me. 
"I took her to dinner," I shrug. 
"Oh, yeah," Ryan says beside me just realizing what we're talking about. "How'd it go?"
I laugh lightly at how my social life is the center of attention here today.  I tell them how it went—the gist of it anyway. 
"So... are you going to see her again?" Lydia questions completely intrigued. 
I notice Tris walk into the cafeteria with Christina and go to the line. 
"I see her right now," I point out. 
"You know what I mean," Lydia says rolling her eyes. 
"I do.  And yes, I've already got plans with her today," I admit. 
"Good," she smiles. 
"What are you going to do today?" Ryan inquires. 
"Everything," I smirk. 
I finish my meal and excuse myself from the other leaders' company.  I watch as Tris and Christina join their friends at their table.  I approach them. 
"So you're not going to tell me how it went?" Christina complains across from Tris at the table. 
Tris laughs lightly.  "You're so nosy," she teases. 
"And you wonder why I was listening in," Christina grumbles folding her arms and pouting.  She notices me.  I smirk at her. 
"I just... think some things should remain private," Tris shrugs.  "I barely ever saw my parents hold hands."
Christina blinks and surrenders her attention to Tris. "Are you serious? That's weird," Christina says.
"That's Abnegation," Tris replies buttering her toast.
"You look pretty happy buttering your bread there," Christina teases.
"So," Tris shrugs taking a bite.
"I haven't seen you butter bread so enthusiastically since your first kiss," she divulges. "And this beats that expression in the dust."
Tris laughs lightly and I grin.
"So, he kissed you?" she questions trying not to look at me.
Tris laughs again and I can even see the blush from here.
"It was that good, huh?" Christina presses.
"I'm not telling you about that," she says defensively but I can hear the laugh in her voice.
"It was, wasn't it?" Christina pesters.
"It was," Tris admits nodding.
I smirk at that and take the seat beside Tris.
"So... what are your plans today?" Christina asks as Tris eats her food.
"Whatever Eric wants to do," Tris says biting her lip.
"Looks like he wants to get started early," Christina laughs.
"What?" Tris questions.
"Hey, Eric," Zeke waves from down the table.
I nod to him.
Tris meets my eyes and she grins but there's a deep blush on her cheeks.
"How long have you been there?" she asks me bashfully.
"Christina was asking you about last night," I admit biting my lip.
Tris opens her mouth in mock offense. "You two," she shakes her head and goes back to her food.
"The difference is..." Christina says getting my attention. "... she wasn't hurt by being ignored this time. Plus, she already looks so much happier with you," she mumbles the last bit.
I smirk and snake my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me. "I won't be ignoring you," I whisper and kiss her temple.
"I know you won't," she smiles glancing at me.
She pecks my lips before returning back to her food.
Will sits beside Christina. "So what'd I miss?" he says kissing her cheek and starting on his plate.
"It looks like Eric and Tris are official," Christina smiles.
"Really?" he questions. He looks up and sees me. "Oh, hi Eric," he says taken aback.
"Hi, Will," I grin.
"Congratulations," he laughs disbelievingly.
"Thank you," Tris and I both reply.
She looks to me and smiles.
"Did you already eat?" she questions. 
"I did," I nod.
"So, what plans do you two have today?" Christina questions nosily.
"Spend the day together alone," I shrug.
"Point taken," she chuckles.
"Let's get out of here," Tris whispers to me.
"Alright," I laugh.
"See you guys," Tris says rising.  I join her.  I see Four pass us entering the cafeteria as she returns her tray.  He doesn't notice us and I chuckle at that.  He'd been telling me they were together and I never really saw them together.  So, one day I asked Will.  He told me no, that she didn't care for him. 
I smirk as I walk her out of breakfast.  We get about halfway to the Pit and I can't help myself from turning her and backing her up against the wall.  "I missed you," I whisper honestly as I embrace her. 
She chuckles lightly.  "I missed you, too," she admits softly. 
"Yeah?" I grin nudging her with my face. 
"Yeah," she nods as I meet her eyes. 
I kiss her gently and she responds.  I break away slowly.  "You don't have a problem with this, do you?" I question. 
"What do you mean?" she asks me gently. 
"I'm in front of the whole faction.  My life is public knowledge.  How do you feel about that?" I inquire. 
She looks to be mulling over the idea.  "Well... I'm not really one to kiss and tell..." she says teasingly.  "...but I kind of knew that when I said I'd go out with you," she divulges.  I feel her run her fingers through my hair and I shudder. 
"I want you to be my girl," I whisper into her ear.  I kiss her cheek and temple, her forehead, her nose gently and then her lips.  I deepen the kiss and open her mouth with my tongue.  She whimpers slightly before she meets my tongue with hers.  I slowly disengage from her, pecking her lips before I meet her eyes again. 
"Yes," she tells me grinning. 
"Yes, what?" I question nudging her again. 
"Yes... I'm yours," she whispers. 
Just hearing her say that sends a shiver down my spine.  I can't help but capture her lips with mine and kiss her passionately, possessively.  There's whistling down the hall at us.  Several people call out my name and I realize... I don't want her to just be a rumor.  I slowly pull back from the kiss pecking her lips once more. 
"There's the Eric I know," she whispers pecking my lips again. 
"Oh?" I smirk. 
She meets my eyes and nods. "Definitely," she grins.