Sixty-You Wash, I Dry 18.4

Tris

We decide to grab dinner together in the Pit. He takes me to put my supplies away—the ones I never used but there's not nearly as much as the first time. I peer over at him and I'm still shocked that he did it himself... and he used it as a ploy to bring me over for the day.
"You know, I only clean on Saturdays because I've got nothing else going on," I tell him.
He glances at me as we walk together. "What do you mean?" he questions as we walk down the loading dock hallway.
"I could switch to weekdays. I have a key to the other leaders' apartments. I could just do it during the week... you know... if you wanted to spend the weekends together," I explain a little bashfully.
I put the cart into my office and lock up.
"I'd like that," he whispers. He kisses me and I hear whistles down the hallway. "I guess we've been caught," he teases.
"Are you trying to hide me?" I grin wrapping my arms around his shoulders.
"No. How about we announce it to the faction?" he suggests.
"Oh? And how do you plan on doing that?" I question.
He takes my hand and walks me back through the Pit. Everyone notices as we pass. As I think about it, even though there's been rumors going around concerning him, I've never actually seen him with any of those girls.
He stops me in the middle of the crowd and pulls me to him, my chest bumping his. He threads his fingers through my hair and bends down capturing my lips with his. Everyone around us roars in excitement—shouting, stomping, clapping, whistling. The kiss is possessive, passionate... and full of love. We part slightly, both of us panting.
"I love you," he tells me for everyone to hear.
My heart melts at hearing that.
I meet his eyes and realize I do, too. I tell him so and he laughs in disbelief before he captures my lips again, devouring me in front of everyone.
I chuckle awkwardly as we part, the crowd going wild. I hide my face in his chest bashfully, not accustomed to the attention.
"You'll have to get used to this," he teases. "We're going to be the talk of Dauntless."
"Little by little," I tell him peeking out to meet his gaze.
"Okay," he grins. "That's good enough for me."
He leads me through the crowd toward the cafeteria. "Do you want us to sit with leadership or your friends?" he asks.
"I can do that?" I question surprised.
"Once in a while," he tells me. "If we get married you'll always be up there. Until then, only on occasion."
"We can go up there," I agree. "But... you keep talking about marriage..." I point out.
"Just stating the laws," he shrugs nonchalantly.  He meets my eyes and I can tell he's thought about it before, though.  I can see it—that that's what he truly wants.
"We'll see," I grin.
He smirks in reply. He knows I'm considering.
We get in line and grab dinner. We get fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and steamed vegetables.
"You want dessert?" Eric asks.
"Um..." I say seeing the options. "What is that?" I question since I'm still kind of new with them.
"It's a parfait," he shrugs. "A layered dessert."
I see there's some with fruit and I prefer those. I get the cherry one. He gets raspberry. I grin. We do like similar things—except his appetite is far greater than mine.
He escorts me to the leadership table. We pass by Four and he watches us. He seems surprised when I keep going. I sit down at the table beside Max. I feel a little awkward up here.
"Word around the faction is that you and Eric are an item," Max says grinning.
I chuckle bashfully.
"Congratulations," he tells me.
"Thank you," I respond quietly.
"Wait... what?" Ryan questions.
"Sorry, Ryan," Eric says patting his friend's back.
"No fair," Ryan pouts.
"She wasn't interested. You know that," Eric chuckles.
"Yeah, but I could always wear her down," he insists.
I choke on my drink at that. I clear my throat.
"You alright?" Eric asks rubbing my back.
"Yeah," I nod.
He pecks my lips. I smile at him and notice Four staring angrily in the distance. "If he's going to cause a scene, it's best for it to be now with leadership beside you," Eric whispers.
I don't respond but he threads his fingers through my hair and pulls me closer to him. He captures my lips and kisses me lovingly in front of everyone in the room. The reaction from the cafeteria is deafening. I smile at him when we part and look to the room. Four appears absolutely enraged but everyone else seems overjoyed. I smile as Eric nibbles on my ear. I giggle as he continues. I meet his eyes and he pecks me again before returning to his plate. I grin at him and do the same.
I glance to the crowd again to notice Four is gone.
"He's being monitored. Don't worry about him," Eric says rubbing my back.
I nod and eat my meal. It's nice talking with the leaders. Max mentions that the leadership offer still stands for me. "I'll have to think about it," I reply. Now that I know I'm safe, everything has changed. I need to process this new information.
We finish our meal and I enjoyed the parfait.  It had a vanilla custard and whipped cream with a sort of cherry gelatin in it.  I smile feeling satisfied with my meal as we exit the cafeteria.  We walk through the lightly crowded hallway.  I see many people heading toward the clubs, others are loitering around the Pit. 
"Tris!" Four calls out to me.  I close my eyes. 
"Do you want to talk to him?" Eric asks me softly. 
"No, but that's not going to stop him from continuing to try until I let him get out what he's going to say," I admit. 
"I won't leave you," Eric says lacing his fingers with mine. 
"Okay," I nod appreciatively. 
We walk over toward him. 
"What do you want?" I ask him. 
"I want to talk to you in private," he says. 
"Not gonna happen," Eric tells him in a bored tone. 
Four lets out a frustrated growl and paces rubbing his face. 
"How can you be serious about him?!" he asks me. 
"It's fine," I insist.  "You don't know what you're talking about."
"Oh yeah?  The last girl that crossed him got put into lockup.  What do you think will happen to you?" Four questions. 
"What are you even talking about, Four?" Eric asks. 
"You threw your previous girlfriend, Lena, into lockup for messing around on you," Four says folding his arms over his chest. 
"You put her into lockup?" I question Eric. 
"Yeah.  We ran the footage and found out who left the..." he says clearing his throat.  "You know what.  I threw them both in for public indecency."
"Thank you," I say softly. 
"It shouldn't be your responsibility to clean that up.  They should keep it in their homes," Eric replies. 
I smile at him. 
"You're okay with this?" Four questions outraged. 
"Four... you don't know what you're talking about," I reply.  "Lena's not his ex.  She was messing around in public and it's against the law."
"He's got you deceived," Four says shaking his head. 
I sigh tiredly.  "Yeah, you're the one who's deceived.  What else do you want to ask me?" I question. 
"Him?" he says shocked.  "You have your pick of any guy in this faction and you pick him?"
"Yes... yes, I did," I nod. 
"What else have you got for her?" Eric smirks. 
"I'm serious, Tris.  You know this is the worst choice you could ever make," he demands. 
"No," I shake my head.  "He's not what you think.  He'll take care of me."
"Are you crazy?!" he shouts.  "This is Eric!"
I sigh.  "What else, Four?"
"Is there anything else to say other than don't do this?" he questions. 
"I think we're done," I tell Eric. 
"Yeah, that's what I heard," he chuckles.  "My place or yours?"
"We can go to my place if you want," I shrug as we turn. 
"Don't touch her this time, Four," Eric warns.  "You remember what I said would happen."
We walk through the compound and arrive at my apartment.  I unlock the door and let him in. 
"Your place is really clean," he tells me. 
I giggle at that.  He knows just what to say to flatter me.
We sit on my sofa and he puts his arm around me. I feel him playing with my fingers with his other hand. We chat for a while and he kisses me. 
"I'm sorry about Four," he says. 
I shrug.  "It's not your fault.  He's always been like this when it comes to you."
"Yeah," he replies nuzzling me. He backs away and looks over my face. "Do you love me?" he asks softly staring deeply into my eyes as if searching for the answer.
I smile and giggle as he kisses my cheek. 
"I do," I grin. 
He kisses me again gently.  "I love you," he whispers. 
"I love you," I reply. 
He takes me in his arms and kisses me passionately.  I run my fingers through his hair lost in the moment as the front door bursts open. 
"Oh my goodness!" Christina shouts.  "It's true!"
I chuckle a little embarrassed with my arms wrapped around Eric.  He pecks my cheek and I feel like he adores the attention.  She comes in with Will.  They congratulate us and we chat for a while.  Will leaves eventually, and then Christina goes off to bed. 
We still talk a little more but I walk him to the door when it's late.
"I'll see you in the morning," he tells me softly.
"Okay," I reply unable to keep the grin off of my face that he's joining me tomorrow. 
He kisses me goodnight in my doorway.  More people cheer for us in the hallway and we both chuckle. 
"Goodnight," he whispers. 
I tell him the same and watch him leave. I close my door and lean up against it sighing. I'm in love.