Fifty-Four-You Don't Know Me 17.2

Eric

By Friday evening, I'm determined to get closer to her.  I decide to set up an appointment with her receptionist to be her last customer for the night.  I walk in right on time and she seems taken aback that I'm here.  I notice her uniform that I hadn't seen close up before.  She's got a buttoned down black dress shirt on with a loose, feminine bow tied around the collar.  The sleeves are rolled up to her elbows.  She's wearing some dress pants and her apron is on over all that. 
I reach my hand out to shake.  She gives her hand to me.  Then, she says hello.  I can barely speak with my heart beating so...  The feel of her touch is electric.  I perceive that I'll never be the same, like I'm craving her gentle caress as soon as I release her. 
"I'm your six o'clock," I tell her as evenly as I can. 
"Oh," she says surprised.  "Alright."
She has me sit down and draws a cover over me.  She asks if I want my usual cut.  I confirm that I do.  She sprays my hair and buzzes my sides.  I watch her in the mirror but the gentle graze of her hands on my head feels incredible.  I observe that she uses a comb as a guard, not to cut the top.  She finishes with the bottom and sprays the top again combing it out.  I feel her run her fingers through my hair and I close my eyes at the sensation.  It's incredible.  I open my eyes to see her concentrating on trimming my hair and making it even.  She's so incredibly fast that she's finished in no time. 
"I'll wash it out for you," she offers. 
She has me come over to the water station.  I sit down and she leans me back.  She rinses my hair and I watch her.  She's so close to me and I observe her, enjoying the moment.  She puts shampoo in my hair and massages it in.  This is the most incredible sensation, not to mention it feels like she's cuddling with me.  She rubs the back of my head and I've got to bite my tongue so I don't moan as she washes it out.  She turns the water off and gently wrings out my hair.  Patting it dry she notices...
"Is your hair curly?" she smiles. 
I grin in reply. 
She walks me back to her station. 
"Do you want me to dry it or just style?" she asks biting her lip. 
"Just the style," I tell her.  If it's dried, it gets too wild to manage.  Although, that means she'll be done in no time. 
She pats it dry a little more and then puts some gel in it combing it out.  She's finished in no time and she removes the cape.  I examine it and she does a better job than most people I've had cut it.  I tell her it's the best I've had and she blushes bashfully thanking me.  She takes me to the register and I pay writing in a tip for her. 
"Are you off now?" I inquire. 
"After I clean up," she nods. 
"Can I take you out?" I offer. 
"I'm going home," she tells me. 
"How about another time?" I suggest. 
"As friends?" she questions. 
"I... was hoping as more," I reply. 
"What?" she laughs bewilderment.  It's not mocking at all... just in disbelief. 
"I'd like to take you out," I restate. 
"Eric, I don't date," she tells me. 
"Why not?" I question.  "I thought you and Four were together before."
"Yeah... well, that was kind of a mistake," she admits hesitantly not able to meet my eyes.
"Why don't you give me a chance?" I request softly. 
"You don't even know me," she defends puzzled.
"I know that you make everyone I see walk out of here smile.  I know you're kind and patient with children.  I know you're skilled at what you do," I tell her. 
"But... that's just on the surface," she rationalizes blushing. 
"I'd like to get to know you," I admit gently.  "Won't you give me a chance?"
She meets my eyes and sees I'm serious, earnest. 
"You want a chance?" she questions raising her eyebrows. 
"More than anything," I divulge softly, nodding. 
"Alright.  I eat breakfast on Sunday in the cafeteria at seven.  We board the train at eight.  You can join us.  If you're serious, you'll be there," she says. 
"We're going on a Sunday morning date?" I grin ecstatically. 
"We're going to church in Erudite.  If you're serious after that, we'll see," she responds. 
"Church?" I question. 
"I don't date in Dauntless because nobody else here besides my friends—mostly females—believe what I believe.  If you're sincere about me after that, then we'll see," she explains. 
"Alright," I agree. 
She blinks in surprise... as if she was expecting me to back out and refute my offer. 
"See you Sunday at seven?" I confirm. 
"Okay," she says gently, her expression softening. 
"Until then," I whisper taking her hand in mine once more and kissing the back of it.
"Goodbye," she says softly. 
I reply the same before turning my back to her and starting to walk out. 
"Oh, and Eric?" Tris calls to me. 
"Yes?" I reply looking back at her as I stand in the entranceway to surrender my attention fully. 
"Wear a suit," she insists. 
I smirk, "You've got it, sweetheart."
She smiles in response. 
I leave and I'm on cloud nine.  She said yes