Forty-Round Two 11.4

Eric

We arrive back to the compound close to dinnertime. I decide that I could use a little more time alone with her as we step into the Pit and gain everyone's attention.  Their constant stare is even making even me uneasy—everyone stops what they're doing and watches us.  We grab some takeout and walk through the Pit toward my building—me carrying the majority in a big bag with her holding a smaller bag to her chest.  As we pass the Chasm, we grasp someone's attention. 
"Hey, Tris," Four calls out. 
'This guy?' I think rolling my eyes. 
"Yes?" she questions surprised. 
"You want to come to my place?" he whispers coming closer to her. 
She backs up uncomfortably. 
"Um... No," she says befuddled. 
"Why not?" he questions trying to reach for her. 
She moves her arm to avoid his grasp. 
"Because I'm dating Eric.  I haven't been interested in you in months," she replies matter-of-factly. 
"What?" he asks disbelievingly.  He looks to me outraged. 
"Sorry, Four.  I've got to be going.  My girl needs lots of attention," I tease putting my arm around her and leading her away. 
I look back at him to see he's completely confused and irritated.  I chuckle as I face forward again. 
We take the elevator up to my place and I grab a few things—a large blanket, utensils, drinks and a few other items... We climb the staircase at the end of the hallway to the roof and sit down together on the blanket.  We share our meal eating from each other's containers, having a little of each.
"This is really good. I've never had anything like this before," she tells me.
"It's rare when they serve something like this in the cafeteria. This place is better, too," I say.
"Hmm," she hums a happy reply smiling at me.  "I enjoy eating out... with you," she tells me pecking my lips. 
"You don't like eating out without me?" I tease. 
"I don't know.  I've never done that," she shrugs. 
"Are you serious?" I question surprised. 
She nods.  "Unless you count getting coffee with Christina," she shrugs again. 
"Not in Abnegation?" I inquire. 
She shakes her head.  "We always ate at home, packed lunches... things like that," she says. 
I ask about her old faction and she tells me tons of information concerning it—nothing like what I've heard.  She speaks on service, kindness, and giving.  She asks about mine and I explain what my experience was like. 
"Are you happier here?" she asks me cautiously. 
"I am," I nod.  "How about you?"
"Definitely," she chuckles.  "I always felt like it didn't come easy for me to be selfless.  My brother was always critical of me.  It's funny that he went to Erudite."
"Yeah," I reply.  "He must've figured out the selfless formula to fake it," I joke. 
She laughs at that.  "I think you're right."
"You want to dance?" I ask her. 
"There's no music," she grins. 
I pull out a device from my pocket and play some slow jazz.  I rise and take her hands in mine. 
"I don't know what I'm doing," she admits. 
"Good thing we don't have an audience," I smirk down at her. 
I lead her in a basic dance.  She follows and keeps up, catching on quickly. 
"You're a fast learner," I point out. 
"Thanks," she grins up at me.  "This isn't too difficult."
I agree with her.  We dance a while and then sit back on the blanket.  She leans her head against my chest and we watch the sunset together. 
"This is incredible," she comments. 
"Do you want to stay to watch the stars together?" I ask. 
"Do you want to pick up the mess first before it gets dark?" she asks.  "It's getting a little cold, too."
"We could do that," I nod.  "I've got some things we could bring up."
"Alright," she agrees. 
We pack up most everything but leave the blanket.  We go to my apartment and set some dishes in my sink.  I grab another blanket and a couple sweatshirts.  I pass one to her and put the other on.  She throws hers on but she's swimming in it. 
"Too big?" I joke. 
"It's fine," she disagrees shaking her head. 
I grin at her before I grab a flashlight and a candle with a lighter.  We go back up the stairs and it's already significantly darker outside.  I light the candle and we sit down on the blanket.  I cover her up with the extra blanket and pull her closer to me.  I kiss her temple and hold her tightly.  She sighs softly. 
"Do you know about the constellations?" I ask her. 
"No," she shakes her head. 
So I teach her what's what in the night sky, pointing out each one that I can remember. 
"That's fascinating," she tells me looking up at them.  "Did you know the world is round?"
"How would you know that?" I question. 
"I've seen maps," she tells me. 
She explains where she's found them and I find that fascinating, that they're in her religious texts.  I ask to join her tomorrow morning. 
"Okay," she grins. 
She pecks my lips gently. 
I sigh and hold her to me.  I inhale the delicate scent of her hair—very floral and sweet.  I nuzzle her again and kiss her head, her neck.  She sighs softly and I smile at how great this night has turned out.  I lace my fingers with hers and we stare up at the sky. We sit here together basking in the scenery for quite some time. I hear her yawn and I know the night must end. I kind of want to offer her to stay with me... but I know better. I shouldn't even ask. She's a church girl—a real one. And they don't stay with their boyfriends. I remember my father telling me when I found my forever girl, to marry her first. That's exactly what I plan on doing.
"Do you want me to walk you home?" I ask her gently, playfully nudging her.
"Alright," she agrees.
She kisses me softly again before we both rise. I blow out the candle and shake out the blanket from the ground. She carries the other in her arms and I use the flashlight to guide our way back inside. I toss the dirty one in my washer and start it up while folding the other and putting it down. She clings to the sweatshirt she's wearing so I'll let her keep it.
I walk her through the Pit and it's actually crowded, noisy, and chaotic. I'm glad she didn't insist to go by herself. We pass the Chasm and Four is still there but he's drinking with some of his friends. He looks wasted. I put my arm around her shoulder and block her from sight. We pass that section and move on further beyond the clubs. I see Tris looking on in curiosity.
"Maybe I'll take you out dancing next weekend," I comment.
"You've got a date," she replies grinning.
I smirk at that.
We make it to her building and I walk her down the hallway. It's a little quieter here but there's still people coming and going past us. We arrive at her doorway and I back her up. I put a hand on the wall beside her and lean in the extra space to capture her lips with mine. I hear those surrounding us cheering us on. I take that moment to deepen the kiss, taking full control. I kiss her possessively, my tongue caressing hers. She wraps her arms around me and whimpers into the kiss. I peck her gently a few times—both of us panting. 
"I'll see you tomorrow?" I question. 
"Meet you at breakfast?" she inquires.
"Do you want day three?" I whisper seductively into her ear. 
"I do," she nods. 
"Good," I grin before kissing her again.
I kiss her temple once more.
"Goodnight," she whispers as she hugs me tightly before releasing me.
"Goodnight," I whisper back pecking her lips once more—just one more taste. I sigh shakily parting from her. I look at her as we separate. I honestly don't want to leave her but she's tired. And I'll see her first thing in the morning.
I turn and walk away when she enters her door. I retrace my steps back to my apartment. I'm on cloud nine when I pass the Chasm once more. It's quiet here which is a surprising change from earlier.
"There he is," Four slurs.
I look over to see him by himself at the Chasm—his friends nowhere in sight.
"I think you've had too much. Perhaps it's time for you to call it a night," I suggest.
"Why were you with my girl?" he presses.
"I'll talk with you when you're not hammered. Go home and sleep it off," I insist walking away.
"Hey? I was talking to you, Eric!" Four persists.
I stop the first pair of on duty guards I see and tell them to escort him home. They nod and I see them following through.
I arrive home with a heavy sigh and toss my keys on the console by the door. I lock up and remove my sweatshirt. It still smells like her. I get ready for bed and drift off to the thoughts of seeing her again—day three.