Chapter Forty-One: The Wedding of Charles and Camilla

9th of April 2005 - Highgrove House

Stepping out of her bedroom, Adeline closed the door behind her as she took a nervous breath before making her way down the hallway; it was hard to believe that the wedding was finally upon them. 

Between coursework and her exam preparations, Adeline had been pretty busy and had barely any time to prepare for the wedding even if it had been pushed back a day so that her father could attend the funeral of Pope John Paul II. 

Her father and Camilla had been very understanding and encouraging of her studies, they told her that she didn't need to worry about attending anything or than the wedding. 

Camilla having only noted that green was the colour of the wedding party, any style of dress would do and she had been most pleased when Adeline had shown her the dark green dress that she had chosen. 

With Laura mentioning that she had opted for a mint green outfit so the two of them wouldn't clash in any form. Camilla's daughter being the only other woman that would likely be in the official wedding photo other than the Queen who often worn bright colours. 

"Do you need some help?" Adeline asked spotting Harry struggling with his tie, a small smile on her face as she approached her brother; his hair sticking up in all directions.

He and William were to be groomsmen for their father, William acting as the witness for the ceremony alongside Tom for the signing of the document while Harry had been charged to hold the wedding rings. 

"No... yes," Harry muttered admitting defeat, he dropped his hands away from the tie allowing Adeline to step forward and tie it for him; he pouted a little as he watched her hands work to secure the tie around his neck. 

This was nothing short of a nightmare for him, he would much rather be spending his Saturday relaxing with his friends after a week of training instead of attending this stuffy event. 

"Are you wearing perfume?" Harry asked after a moment, a slight frown on his face as he looked down at his sister; he eyed the heels on her feet wondering how on earth she could walk in them.

What happened to his baby sister, where was the girl that had loved finding a quiet corner and curl up with a good book; surely, she couldn't have changed that much in the past year or so. 

"I am," Adeline confirmed, she raised an eyebrow at Harry unsure why her brother would be sniffing her as she was sure she hadn't put that much on; just a little, not that she would drowned herself in the stuff. 

The perfume had been a gift from Melissa, insisting that everyone needed a bottle of good perfume in the collection; one that got used for special occasions and Adeline felt her father's wedding matched that description.

This one smelt like Japanese cherry blossom, at least that's what it said on the bottle when Adeline had looked at it this morning and she'd rather liked the smell of it when she'd sprayed it on her arm. 

"You look lovely Addy," William greeted appearing at the bottom of the stairs, a warm smile on his face as he took in his younger siblings. 

He spotted the look on Harry's face and could only imagine what he had been about to say before he had interrupted; the way he was eyeing Adeline's outfit made him wonder if Harry was about to demand that she go and put something else on. 

"Thank you, you both look rather dashing," Adeline replied stepping back from Harry once she had finished his tie and moving her bag from under her arm. 

Breakfast had been a quiet affair that morning, everyone far too nervous to eat and Adeline had grabbed a piece of toast before disappearing back to her room so that she could get ready.