Chapter Eighty-Two: Wedding Planning

12 October 2013

Princess Adeline and the Earl of Munster are hugely grateful for the many good wishes they have received since announcing their engagement.

They are very much looking forward to the day and to being able to share their celebrations with the public. They have made the following decisions about their wedding day on Saturday 25th of May 2014.

The Wedding Service will begin at St George's Chapel at 1100. The Dean of Windsor, The Rt Revd. David Conner, will conduct the Service. The Most Revd. and Rt Hon. Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, will officiate as the couple make their marriage vows.

At 1200, the couple, now married, will undertake a Carriage Procession along a route from St George's Chapel, leaving Windsor Castle via Castle Hill and processing along the High Street and through Windsor Town, returning to Windsor Castle along the Long Walk.

Following the service, there will be a reception at St George's Hall for the couple and guests from the congregation. The couple will join this on return from the Carriage Procession.

Later that evening, The Prince of Wales will give a private evening reception for the couple and their close friends and family.

We look forward to sharing further details about the wedding day in the weeks and months ahead.

Clarence House

###

12th of October 2013 - FitzClarence House

"Why the 25th of May?" Lucy asked staring at the selected date for Adeline and Simon's wedding, it felt like such an odd date to pick; figuring that the couple would either move further into the summer of aim for April. 

It was hard to wrap her head around the news that she was going to be maid-of-honour as it was, everything seemed to be falling into place slowly and Lucy knew that there was so much planning involved. 

"It's the day before our anniversary, we couldn't get married on a Sunday so we figured that the day before would be perfect," Adeline replied smiling, the 26th of May 2013 would mark eight years of them being together. 

Since no royal weddings could be held on a Sunday, it felt perfect to do it the day before rather than stick to the traditions of the past were most royal weddings had taken place on a Thursday. 

There was loads to do, nailing down the guest list had come first for the couple after setting their date; they had quite a bit of freedom when it came to their guest list. 

Afterall, since this wedding wasn't a state event there was no need to invite as many politicians and diplomats that had been invited to William and Catherine's wedding. 

Both Simon and Adeline came from large families with aunts and uncles, cousins and grandparents; there was quite a few people that made their lists and they had only just started to think about friends who would also be invited. 

"Has Simon said who he's asking to be his best man?" Lucy asked curiously, she couldn't think of an obvious answer to that question herself. 

Once long ago she would have said Harry but things had never truly recovered between the pair after Harry had leaked the relationship to the press; there was a distance there even now that would never be filled.