Chapter Sixty-Five: United Fronts

12th of April 2009 - Windsor Castle

"What is he doing here?" Harry hissed taking his seat next to William in the chapel, a frown set upon his face as he spotted Simon enter with his family; he hadn't see his former friend since their clash last year. 

This was the last place that he had ever thought that he would see Simon, it had always been a family event the Easter service with many of the extended family attending the service that was held at Windsor. 

"Granny invited him," William replied with a shrug, his eyes also trained on Simon who looked rather nervous as he and the FitzClarences were lead to their seats; no doubt their arrival already being talked about in the press. 

Afterall, like the Christmas service at Sandringham their arrival and exit were the only thing visible to the people outside as it was considered a private affair. 

"You seriously can't still be mad? You can't seriously want them to break up," William stated with a shake of his head, his voice lowered as he peered down at the programme that he had been handed for the service. 

He thumbed through the pages taking in the hymns and sermons that would be given today, it was usually rather quick before they headed back to the castle for the traditional easter luncheon that was held. 

"I do. He doesn't deserve Adeline," Harry muttered with a shake of his head, it stung that his sister had barely breathed a word to him in over a year now. 

He had assumed that she would get over his leaking of her relationship to the press and perhaps see it as a good thing that he had opened her eyes to the truth, it wasn't like she could hide it away forever. 

"Then who does Harry?" William scoffed with a shake of his head, no one would ever be good enough for Adeline in Harry's eyes; it was like he expected her to become some sort of spinster with twenty cats or something. 

If it wasn't Simon, then Harry would likely be tormenting whatever poor sod happened to cross Adeline's eye and he'd never learn his lesson. 

"Listen. Simon's been putting up with your crap since school and the fact you derailed his military career so you wouldn't be lonely," William said taking a deep breath, he looked at his brother as he spoke wanting him to understand. 

No matter how much he might disapprove of what Harry had done, he wanted to bring peace to his siblings before someone really got hurt in all of this. 

Adeline and Simon had been together three years next month, the relationship wasn't going anywhere from what he could tell and Harry either got with the programme or would find himself iced out by Adeline.

"He's always been a good friend to you and probably knows more about your scandals than I do, is it truly that bad that they're together?" William questioned as their father and stepmother made their entrance, Adeline following behind them as they made their way to their seats. 

He didn't say another word only offering Harry a look before everyone else took their seats, hoping that his words might have given Harry some food for thought. 

He'd always been rather rash and William knew that he probably meant well, even if he didn't have the best track record; there was no ignoring more stories were coming out now about Harry's behaviour since the end of his friendship with Simon. 

Harry was silent, staring at William for a moment before Adeline took her seat next to him in the pew; her face giving nothing away as she took her programme and started to read through it. 

Was it really that bad that Simon and Adeline were together, he seemed to make her happy afterall and out of all his crappy friends, it wasn't like she had chosen the worst one to go out with.