Chapter Seventy-Six: Big Decisions

3 December 2012

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry, Princess Adeline and members of both families are delighted with the news.

The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter.

Clarence House

###

King Edward VII Hospital

"Knock, knock," Adeline said smiling as she stepped into the hospital room where Catherine was resting, she had come as soon as she was able to support her sister-in-law. 

The news of the pregnancy had broken that morning, the news coming earlier than normal due to Catherine's admission into hospital suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum. 

It had been over the weekend while William and Catherine had been spending time at Michael and Carole's home that things had taken a turn. 

William had been deeply concerned about her condition since Catherine hadn't been able to keep down any food or water, with support on the phone from the doctors but by Monday he had rushed her back to London where Catherine had been admitted into hospital for treatment. 

Catherine had been merely 12 weeks pregnant at the time of the announcement, their families been quickly informed before the news was broken to the world. 

The world outside was rejoicing in the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were expecting their very first child together with warm wishes coming in all the time. 

"You didn't have to come and visit," Catherine said shaking her head, between William sitting by her side and her own families visit she'd barely had a moment to herself since she'd been admit. 

Not that she wasn't happy to see Adeline, she had a good relationship with her sister-in-law; she knew that Harry would likely be miffed since he was out of the country on deployment at this time. 

"Of course I did, what sort of auntie would I be if I didn't come and check on you both," Adeline stated with a shake of her head, she moved to take the seat that William had occupied before she'd sent him home to shower insisting that she would stay with Catherine while he did so. 

There was much for the expecting parents to consider now, the baby would be third in line after their father and their grandfather. 

He would push Harry and Adeline down a place in the succession along with everyone else that was behind them. 

There was also the matter of their residence that William and Catherine had to consider. 

They had been offered the use of the apartments that Diana had once called home but neither of them felt comfortable taking up the space. 

Instead the apartments that had been Princess Margaret's home which had been uninhabited since her death and Catherine had fallen in love with it.

"I hear you finally agreed on the apartment," Adeline said doubting that Catherine wanted her to ask how she was, she had a lot to look forward to in the coming year.