Chapter Eighty-Five: Tiara Collection

Her Majesty The Queen gave formal consent to Princess Adeline and the Earl of Munster's marriage today.

Under the Great Seal of the Realm, The Queen signed a notice of approval which proclaimed, in transcribed calligraphy, consent to the union of "Our Most Dearly Beloved Granddaughter Princess Adeline Louise Mary of Wales and Our Trusted Simon Frederick Anthony FitzClarence, Earl of Munster."

###

6th of March 2014 - Buckingham Palace

Walking through the halls of the palace, Adeline took a deep breath as she was lead through the corridors towards where the Queen was waiting for her; the invite to lunch had come the day before and Adeline knew what this was about.

With just under three months until the wedding, there was only one thing that the Queen would wish to see Adeline at this time.

There was one item that Adeline could not use without the Queen's blessing; there was enough to do for the ceremony but this one thing was really at her discretion.

They soon reach the room where the Queen was waiting, a stack of papers in front of her as she waited for Adeline to arrive for their lunch date.

She did her best to meet up with each of her grandchildren, although it was harder now that most of them were grown and starting families of their own now.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Adeline of Wales. Your Majesty," Edward stated bowing to the Queen as they entered the blue drawing room where she was waiting.

Adeline curtsied to her grandmother before making her way over to her and pressing a kiss to her cheek, the last time that she had seen her was Christmas when the family had been at Sandringham.

Simon had been at FitzClarence Manor with his family, it would be the last time that the two of them spent the holidays apart and his mother had been insistent on having everyone come together for the last time at the family home.

"Granny," Adeline greeted moving to take a seat, she peered around the room trying not to feel so nervous about this; she knew that there were no complaints about her impending marriage.

Everyone seemed excited from what she could see except for the normal naysayers complaining about the cost, which was being footed by the royal family and not the public nor the government.

"How is wedding planning going?" the Queen asked knowing that there was so much to be done for a real wedding, she recalled her own wedding nearly sixty-six years ago.

It had been everything that she had ever wanted, it was the day that she got to marry the man that she loved; the day that she had waited for when she'd been asked to wait years to be able to marry Philip.

"I had a dress fitting this week. We had a tasting for our menu as well as the cake designer," Adeline said smiling, she had loved finally getting to put on her wedding dress; unable to believe that this was actually happening when she wore it.

The menu and cake tasting had been fun with Simon at her side, they had selected their menu and the flavour of their wedding cake.

It was all starting to come together piece by piece.

The details were nailed down, there wasn't much else that she could see needing to be done other than her flowers and she was working on them.

"What flavour did you decide for the cake?" the Queen asked moving to put away her papers, her own had followed tradition fruit cake like most royal wedding cakes.