Chapter Eighty-Three: The Wedding Dress

Princess Adeline Louise Mary of Wales

&

Simon Frederick Anthony FitzClarence, Earl of Munster

with full hearts,

joyfully invite you to their wedding

MAY 25, 2014

ELEVEN IN THE MORNING

ST GEORGE'S CHAPEL, WINDSOR

reception to follow

###

11th of January 2013 - Windsor Castle

Stepping into the room that he had been directed to, Bruce Oldfield took a deep breath as he tried to prepare himself for what was to come and wrap his head around what was happening right now.

It seemed completely unreal that he was here, having had to hide as he was brought so that no one would discover his identity; nothing could be revealed until the wedding day or they risked the design being discovered by the press.

Bruce had designed for royals before with Sophie, Countess of Wessex wearing Bruce Oldfield to the 2011 Royal Wedding and in April 2013, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall wore a pale powder-blue Bruce Oldfield dress to the inauguration ceremony for King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands.

He'd designed couture outfits for Diana, Princess of Wales and he guessed that was why he had received this calling and he knew that many would kill to be in his shoes.

It was an honour to even be considered to design a royal wedding dress but to get told that he had gotten the gig after he had submitted a design at the start of November was something that many dreamed of.

The bookies were already placing bets on who would be following in the footsteps of Sarah Burton and David and Elizabeth Emanuel who had designed the dresses of the Duchess of Cambridge and the Princess of Wales to design the dress for Princess Adeline.

The doors to the state room opened snapping from his thoughts and he turned to see Adeline entering the room that had been set aside for their private meeting that had been set up so secretly that no one could know that he had even come.

Instead of Clarence House or Buckingham Palace where people might discover such a meeting, they were meeting at Windsor Castle for their discrete first meeting.

"Your Royal Highness," Bruce greeted warmly, he bowed to the Princess knowing that it was such an honour to be asked to create her wedding dress.

A dress that millions would be counting down to see, it was a lot of pressure and he knew that no detail could be left to chance; there would be remakes of this dress, brides wanting to look like Adeline on their wedding day.

"Thank you for coming at such short notice," Adeline said moving to shake his hand, she felt nervous about the decisions that would be made today; everything was hush hush when it came to the wedding if it wasn't being announced by the Palace.

Taking a seat on the couch, Bruce took a deep breath as he set his folder down on the table; there was much to be done today, measuring that needed doing and details collected for the maid-of-honour dress and the page-boys and flower girl's outfits.

"It's an honour to be asked Your Royal Highness," Bruce replied, he hadn't thought when he had submitted his design; it felt like a dream when the phone call had come telling him that his design had been selected.