Chapter Seventy-Eight: Prince George of Cambridge

22 July 2013

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London in the early stages of labour.

The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge.

###

FitzClarence House

Adeline checked herself out in the mirror as she prepared to head out for her engagement at the Great Ormond Street Hospital, she knew that the focus would be on the working senior members on display today. 

The news that Catherine was in labour had broken not too long ago and Adeline prayed that her sister-in-law was well, she couldn't imagine what she was going through right now but she knew this pregnancy had not been easy on her. 

Finally at some point today, Catherine would get to hold her baby and Adeline couldn't wait to meet her new niece or nephew; this child would be the 3rd in line to the throne. 

If a daughter, she would make history as the first female child in line to the throne that could not be displaced from the succession by a younger brother even when it came to taking the throne. 

"You look pretty," Simon stated leaning against the door frame, his sleeves rolled up as he watched Adeline get ready for her day; he smiled thinking how beautiful she looked. 

The two had recently returned from attending the wedding of Adeline's friend Emma, who had married Viscount Weymouth much to the dismay of the Marquess and Marchioness of Bath. 

The Marquess had refused to attend due to a dispute with his son about some artwork on the family estate while the Marchioness had been prohibited from attending due to her racist remarks about Emma. 

Adeline had served as one of Emma's bridesmaids, although Simon hadn't been fond of the dress that she had worn; he much preferred it on their bedroom floor to say the least. 

Emma had even hinted that she didn't think it would be long before the two of them made their way down the aisle, although she had spoken to Simon about some of the things that she had dealt with when marrying into the Thynn family. 

"Do you think this colour is okay?" Adeline asked turning to look at Simon, the blue was making her wary especially since Catherine was in labour. 

She didn't want people thinking that she was hinting at the gender, nor that she was disappointed if the child was a girl all because she was wearing a blue and white dress. 

Simon looked her over and nodded his head, he didn't see anything wrong with it; it was perfect for the weather they'd been having recently and it was clearly a summery dress to be wearing this time of year regardless of anything else.

"You look lovely, I don't think anyone will read too much into this," Simon said wrapping his arms around her and pressing a kiss to the top of her head. 

Things were going well between them and Simon felt comfortable in his decision about what he was doing, he knew that after the birth of this baby that he needed to speak with Charles. 

The last thing that he wanted to do was step on anyone's toes or have to hide the fact that they were engaged because William or Harry had something coming up. 

Behind her brothers in the line of succession, what they were doing would always take precedence and he understood that; he knew that once the baby was born, neither brother would have anything really planned coming up that would take away from Adeline's moment to shine.