Chapter Eighty-Eight: The Night Before

24th of May 2014 - FitzClarence House

Tying her hair out of her eyes, Adeline took a deep breath as she packed up her back to head to the hotel where she would be staying overnight; it was still hard to believe that this was happening.

That in less than twenty-four hours she would be a married woman, she was marrying the love of her life; it felt like a long time coming especially with all the planning that had been done since their engagement had been announced.

"Do you need any help?" Simon asked poking his head into their bedroom, he tilted his head as he watched her back things for her night away.

He guessed he should be packing as well, also set to spend the night in a hotel with his brother for company instead of traveling to Windsor from here.

"No. I think I've got everything," Adeline replied with a shake of her head, her and Lucy would be heading out soon to the hotel where they were spending the night.

It was her final night as an unmarried woman, she could only imagine what the evening would be like; she knew that Lucy had some ideas on how they were going to spend it.

"Did you ever consider what it would be like to say personal vows tomorrow?" Simon asked moving towards Adeline, a smile on his face as he admired his fiancée unable to believe that tomorrow she would be his wife.

Tomorrow she would be Adeline FitzClarence and all the world would be able to see how much that they loved one another; that was what mattered here.

"Not really," Adeline replied doubting that they'd have been able to do anything like that anyway, she turned away from her suitcase and looked at Simon, who took her hands in his own.

His eyes searching her face for a moment, the smile on his face growing as his thumb brushed over the back of her hand; she was everything that he had ever wanted, he wasn't going to let anyone screw this up for them.

"I didn't fall in love with you, I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing every step along the way, I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway," Simon said still unable to believe that she had chosen him.

There were plenty of fish in the sea that she could have picked, she could have been with anyone; hell, he knew that there were people in her life that would have preferred that she had picked someone else.

"And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you," Simon continued, he would have it no other way and he would pick her every time.

Adeline was it for him, there was no one else in his life or that he could ever meet that would match up to what he had right now.

Tears filled Adeline's eyes as she stared up at Simon in awe of his words, she couldn't have come up with anything better if she tried; she didn't feel like she could come up with anything like that.

"Okay. How am I supposed to compete with that?" Adeline said shaking her head, she stepped closer to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Simon ducking down and pressed his lips to Adeline's, his hands moving to rest upon her hips as he pulled her flush against him.

Adeline pulled back and looked at Simon, her blue eyes meeting his brown ones as she stared up at him; she wanted him to know just how much she loved him.

"It's like suddenly the word 'home' makes sense. No matter where I am, you're always the person I want to come back to at the end of the day because you're my home. I'm content, safe, and happy," Adeline whispered against his lips.