Chapter Twenty: The Incident

3rd of September 1999 - York House, London

Knocking on the door to his father's office, Harry shifted nervously not knowing why he had been summoned; he had been lounging around his room when he had been sent for and he could only imagine what this was about. 

He very much doubted that anyone would have ratted him out on his behaviour or the fight that he had with his siblings; the silence that they had been sat in recently told him they would not dare tell their father about the fight. 

"Come in," Charles called from his desk, he looked up from what he was doing and offered Harry a smile as his youngest son stepped into the room; he waved at him to take a seat while he finished signing some paperwork that needed doing. 

Neither of them said anything while Charles finished what he was doing, he set down his pen once he was done and laced his fingers as he looked at Harry. 

"I wanted to talk to you about your behaviour these last couple of years," Charles said knowing that while it had not been easy for him, his actions had been allowed because of the loss of his mother; he could not allow this to continue anymore. 

He was not going to walk on eggshells in his own home and the tension only continued to grow; he could not imagine how long it would go on for if he did not do something about it now. 

However, Harry's actions could not be allowed to continue any further especially if he were going to lash out at his siblings; Charles had been disappointed to hear just what had occurred between his children. 

Rolling his eyes, Harry crossed his arms and leant back in his chair; he guessed he had been brought here for yet another lecture by his father and he did not wish to listen to it. 

"I have decided that it's in your best interest that we find you someone to talk to," Charles continued, he had spoken with his mother and expressed his concern for Harry; they had agreed that this could not be allowed to continue especially with him lasting out at his siblings. 

His words were greeted with silence and Harry glared at Charles, he did not want to talk to anyone; he was fine the way he was and it was his siblings fault for not taking his side in all of this.

"We can't continue this way anymore Harry, I have set up an appointment for you," Charles insisted knowing that speaking with someone that would be able to help him better than anyone in the family would possibly help him. 

He wanted to help and if he would not talk to him or anyone in the family then it would be best that they brought in a professional to help him; he was nearly fifteen and the situation needed to be dealt with. 

Harry scoffed at that, of course he was being pawned off to someone else just like always; his father did not want to get his hands dirty so he would send Harry to someone else. 

"I just want to help you Harry. You aren't dealing with your grief and I feel that maybe speaking with someone who has been through what you have will help," Charles sighed with a shake of his head. 

He had never lost a parent and he could not imagine what his children were going through; he wished he could take away their pain but he could not but he was not going to allow them to wallow. 

Both his parents were still alive and he had been but a child when his grandfather had passed away; he had barely known him and he was sure that he would be most upset when he lost his parents. 

Harry did not speak, he just glared and Charles sighed not knowing what else to say to him; he was bound to fight this and he hoped that Harry would understand he was just trying to do the right thing.