Chapter Eighty-Nine: The Morning of the Wedding

25th of May 2014 - Cliveden House

It was the sound of birds singing that woke Adeline up that morning, she blinked confused for a moment as she tried to remember where she was as it certainly wasn't her bedroom at home or her bedroom at Clarence House.

Adeline peered blurry at the alarm clock that read barely five in the morning making her grumble to herself as the first light of morning seeped into the room since she'd forgotten to close the curtains.

The room was silent as Adeline cuddled into the warm bedsheets and she rolled onto her back to gaze up at the patterns that artfully decorated the ceiling as it dawned on her just what was happening today.

"It's my wedding day," Adeline whispered in awe, she stared at the ceiling of her bedroom unable to believe that this day had finally arrived after all these months of planning.

A massive smile forming on her face as she threw back the bedsheets and clambered from her bed not even pausing for a second before she dashed out of her room and towards Lucy's room next door to her own.

Throwing open the doors to the bedroom, Adeline couldn't contain the squeal of excitement that escaped her as she threw herself on the bed and started bouncing up and down shaking her best friend awake.

"I'm getting married today! I'm getting married today!" Adeline chanted while jumping up and down on the bed; ignoring the groans of annoyance and protest from Lucy in her excitement that today was the day that she married Simon.

The other woman certainly hadn't been prepared for this type of wake-up call when they'd gone to bed the night before; she cursed Adeline softly under her breath since she had always been more of a morning person than she had been.

Even when they were in university, Adeline had been the one to get up early to go jogging with the running group that she had joined and collect breakfast when she had the chance to.

It was one of the reasons that Lucy had become such good friends with Adeline, the two of them had always had each other's backs with Adeline giving Lucy wake up calls for classes while Lucy had taught Adeline how to cook dinner.

"Not if I murder you, it won't," Lucy snarled rolling over on her back and glaring up at Adeline knowing that there was still an hour or so before they'd needed to be up so that they could start getting ready.

Adeline laughed at her, she didn't believe that for a second not when there was so much happening right now; the world's media was focused on them right now, there were no doubts that the press coverage would be starting soon.

Lucy grumbled pulling a pillow over her face, trying to ignore Adeline and fall back asleep; they had a little while before people started showing up to get ready for the wedding at seven.

"Come on sleepy head, I am getting married today," Adeline said stopping from bouncing on the bed to plop down next to Lucy, she hadn't stopped smiling this entire time.

It was her wedding day, she was going to be married to Simon in a matter of hours and she was going to be his wife; she was going to be Mrs Adeline FitzClarence, that was all that mattered to her.

"Five more minutes," Lucy pleaded with her, she didn't want to be awake up yet; not when she didn't have to be up for a couple more hours when the hairdresser and make-up artist turned up to help them get ready.

Hell even the dress designer wasn't due for hours yet to help Adeline slip into her wedding gown, she didn't think they'd have to get ready anytime soon.

The photographer wasn't even arriving yet to take the pre-wedding shoots, Lucy wanted to get as much rest that she could since today was going to be a very long day.