Chapter Seventy-Five: The London 2012 Olympics

27th of July 2012 - Clarence House

"So how do I look?" Adeline asked smoothing out the dress that she had chosen for tonight's event, tonight the opening of the 2012 Olympics would take place.

It had been months of planning and Adeline was set to attend with several other members of her family and she had finally been able to speak to Simon.

The months seemed to roll by with him being gone and Adeline couldn't believe that he had been gone for five months now, his deployment only seeming to grow in length.

"Beautiful as always, green really does suit you," Simon complimented, he didn't think she'd ever looked bad; everything that she chose was her style, she was trying to play dress up as anyone else.

Although he would not deny that green was a favourite colour on her, it complimented her well and it made him think of the day that they'd had their first date.

Adeline smiled at his words, she carefully gone through her wardrobe to pick out her outfit; she liked having the chance to do so rather than people dictate what she should dress as.

There might have been many rules that she had to follow as guidelines to dressing but she had found her own style and she was comfortable in what she ware now.

"How are you doing?" Adeline asked moving to sit down on the bed, she could see how tired he looked and she didn't think that he was sleeping well.

Even she could see the bags under his eyes, she wished that she could help him but they were miles away from each other with him being in Afghanistan right now.

"I am well," Simon stated not really wanting to go into detail, it wasn't easy being away from home and he longed to be reunited with Adeline and his family but that didn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

This was where he needed to be, being away from home had helped him sort through his thoughts and distracted him from the death of his father.

Even now it didn't seem real that his father was gone, that he was now the Earl of Munster and the plans for his own future had been delayed or taken from him.

If he'd had his way then he would have been proposing to Adeline about now, that had been put on hold while he come to terms with his new role and took over the family company.

Everyone was looking to him now for answers, everyone was expecting him to know what to do and he hated that this was all now on his shoulders.

It was one of the reasons that he was thankful for Lucy's help, she had become his second in all of this helping him with the family estates and sorting through the minor details about the estate that he couldn't yet bring himself to do.

"Don't worry so much, I am well. I will be home before you know it," Simon told her, he didn't want to ruin the surprise and he would be seeing her a lot sooner than either of them had thought.

Between the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee, Adeline had quite a bit on her plate this month before her calendar freed up for the summer.

The family likely heading to Scotland like they normally did, he did hope that he would be home before then so that they could spend some time together.

"I hope so, I miss you," Adeline said, her fingers messing with the bracelet that Simon had gifted her for her eighteenth birthday; she never took it off, and it reminded her of him often.

Especially when they were a million miles apart, all she wanted to do was be with him; it was Simon that she saw her future with and it was Simon that she knew that she was going to marry.