Chapter Fifty-Seven: Concert for Diana

1st of July 2007 - Wembley Stadium

Taking a deep breath as she walked through the halls of Wembley Stadium, Adeline tried to ignore the chills that she felt as she heard the crowds cheering from only a few feet away. 

Months of planning between her and her brothers had led to this moment, they had organised many of the world's most famous entertainers and singers to perform; it was being broadcast in 140 different countries across the world with the potential audience of 500 million. 

The proceeds from the concert were going to many of Diana's charities along with charities that William and Harry were now patrons of; Adeline didn't have any patronages yet, her first year of university under her belt, she was determined to focus on her education before settling into royal life if she could help it. 

Today would have been Diana's forty-sixth birthday, with the tenth anniversary of her passing coming up on 31st of August of that year; it didn't seem unreal that 10 years had passed since their mother had died and they had been without her. 

There were many members of the royal family in attendance along with the Spencers' to celebrate the life of Diana; although Charles had opted to stay away lest draw the attention away from the event of his ex-wife and mother of his children and deal with being blasted in the papers for any little thing they could think of. 

From where she stood back stage, Adeline could hear Sir Elton John singing and couldn't help but mouth the words along with him; she had to admit that even though she had crossed paths with him that she was always a little starstruck when it came to the singer. 

Cheering marked the end of his song and Adeline took a deep breath, she smoothed down her dress out of nerves as she spared a look towards her brothers knowing that in a matter of moments they would be on that stage themselves in front of thousands of people in the stadium. 

"Thank you so much. Welcome to Wembley and a special welcome to the three people, whose idea it was to do this wonderful event. Ladies and Gentlemen, Their Royal Highnesses, Prince William, Prince Harry and Princess Adeline," Sir Elton John said to the cheering crowd and introducing the royals to a thunderous applause as they entered the stage. 

William leading the way followed by his younger siblings, it was rather daunting to think about especially when faced with 63,000 people turning up at Wembley Stadium to watch the performances to commemorate the life of Diana on her birthday. 

It was a stark contrast to where the siblings had spent the early morning, they'd gone together to their mother's grave so not to be disturbed in their moment of reflection.

The three siblings each shook Sir Elton's hand before walking across the stage to the left side platform below one of the large screens that was screening the show for the crowd further away from the stage. 

William stood in the middle with Harry on his left and Adeline on his right, the cheering continued for the young royals as they stood together united in memory of their mother; who would be remember for the rest of their lives.

 "Hello Wembley! It is great to see so many of you tonight, supporting this very special show. Of course when William, Adeline and I first had this idea we forgot that we'd end up standing here desperately trying to think of something funny to say, well we'll leave that to the funny people and Ricky Gervais," Harry started leaning towards the microphone as he spoke. 

He had a cheeky smile on his face as he spoke and took in the thousands of people that had come together to celebrate the life of their mother, a woman that should have been with them now barring the tragic accident that had claimed her life in Paris.