1. I Hate You!

AUTHOR'S POV:

The story started in an alternative universe. In this universe, Eren and Mikasa were too close since they were little. Eren was never rude to her throughout the years. When Eren asked her about what he was to her, Mikasa said he was family. She couldn't tell her true feelings as she was nervous.
.
.
.

In a hotel room, Gabi was sitting with Armin, who sitting across from her and Mikasa standing next to her. All of them had gloomy face. It was silent for a moment before Gabi broke it.

"Why did you protect me?" Gabi asked with sullen look in her eyes. She still had her head down.

"Because. I don't have a reason." Mikasa said.

"I'm the one who killed your comrade. I'm the one who bludgeoned the guard." She muttered. "Falco didn't do it. Kill me, not him."

"We won't kill you." Armin said with closed eyes.

Gabi looked up at him. "But you want to, don't you?"

"I don't want to kill you." Armin took a deep breath. "Kill this, kill that... It's all you think about. Just like someone I know."

While Mikasa and Armin were looking at Gabi, Eren walked into the room. Armin and Mikasa turned to him and both gasped in surprise.

"Er-"

Before anyone could speak Eren raised his hand, it was cut with blood pouring from it. Everything went silent again.

Then the three of them sat at the table with all of their hands visible and resting upon the table.

They all sat silently for some moments. Gabi was sitting in shock and terror. Mikasa was looking down and Armin was staring nervously ahead, while Eren retained his emotionless expression.

Then Eren started talking, looking down.

"I just wanna talk. Conflict isn't necessary to solve Paradise's problems." Eren continued. "Hange and the others are fine. We're just moving them."

"Eren, we're the ones who wanted to talk." Armin spoke up. "What made you go attack Marley all on your own?" He continued. "Did Zeke and Yelena really talk you into joining them?"

There was silence as Armin and Mikasa stared at Eren, his expression remained unchanged as he responded.

"I am free." He said, still looking down.

"Huh?" Both Mikasa and Armin seems surprised and confused by his answer.

"The things I do and choices I make are all decided by my own free will."

"So your actions after meeting Yelena were all you?" Armin asked with a surprised face.

"Yes." He answered plainly.

"No, you're being manipulated!" Mikasa declared with a firm conviction.

Eren's gaze shifted towards her as she spoke, still totally dull.

"The Eren I know would never get kids and innocents involved, even if they were enemies!" she pleaded. "And I know you care about me... care about us more than anyone!"

Mikasa's expression was stricken, almost panicked. She continued. "The reason you saved me in the cabin..." She leaned forward and brought one hand up to her scarf as she stood up. "The reason you wrapped this scarf around me... That was your kindness-"

"I said, 'keep your hands on the table.'" Eren said, cutting off her speech with a firm and harsh tone.

Mikasa froze, hearing his words. It was the first time he ever snapped at her. She slowly sat herself back down as her hands fell to the table. She looked defeated.