25. The Defeated

AUTHOR'S POV:

"He seems to have been bit right out of the neck. Is Eren dead?" Levi asked.

"He's alive." Mikasa answered without a doubt. "Our target seems highly intelligent and capturing Eren is apparently her primary goal." She continued. "If she wanted him dead, she could've crushed him in her jaws. Instead, she's carefully holding Eren inside her mouth while fighting to escape."

Levi glanced at her and sighed. "I hope you're right."

"Judging by the situation, it seems like your squad is... I am sorry for them." Mikasa said, looking down.

"It's not the time to feel sorry." Levi replied, looking ahead. "Let's save your Eren first." He continued. "We'll focus all our manpower on one goal. First of all, forget about killing the Female Titan."

Mikasa just nodded and the two continued to fly through the forest.

"But she killed so many of our comrades!" Mikasa said.

"So long as she can crystallize her skin, there's no way we can kill her." Levi replied. "Trust my judgment. We'll keep hoping that Eren is still alive and attempt to rescue him before she leaves the forest. I'll hack her up..." Levi readied his blade. "You draw her attention!"

The Female Titan ignored them, continuing to run.

Mikasa had almost caught up to her, staying close to the ground and watching as Levi approached the female titan from above. She was aware of him closing the distance between them.

Levi's eyes glinted with bloodlust. He switched his hold on his right sword, the blade pointing back instead of forward.

Suddenly, the female titan turned, right fist shooting forward. Levi met her attack straight on, cutting up her arm.

With a flip, Levi landed on her arm and used the momentum to push off, reaching her face and digging his swords into her eyes. Droplets of blood flew out as the Female Titan's head tilted back.

Levi yanked his arms back. Flipping back into the air, he took out fresh blades and spun down, slicing her down to her ankles. He came at an arch, not giving her any time to recover and continuing the assault. Blood burst up from behind her head. She slid, falling on her rump, hand still covering her nape.

'He's fast...' Mikasa observed him shoot up and fly straight down, attacking relentlessly. 'He moves so quickly that she can't get a chance to harden her skin!'

Levi continued to carve the female titan up.

Finally, the Female Titan's hand fell from its protective position. Her neck was completely exposed.

Mikasa gasped. 'We can go for her neck! She's tired...' She observed the female titan. 'I bet she can't move.' She gritted her teeth. 'I can kill her!'

A hook dug into the Female Titan's
shoulder. Her eyes stayed closed.

"Stop!" Levi yelled, noticing Mikasa's killing attempt.

Mikasa charged in, letting out a battle cry.

The Female Titan's fist moved towards her. But, before it could hit her, Levi crashed into her shoving her out of the way.

Levi's ankle twisted from the impact and he grunted from the pain.

Gritting his teeth, he shot toward her mouth and sliced it with his swords.

The Female Titan's jaw fell open, revealing an unconscious Eren, covered in saliva.

"Eren!" Mikasa called out.