62. The Other Side of the Wall (Season 3 Last Chapter)

AUTHOR'S POV:

"Our enemy is.. the world!" An MP higher up said. "But if we announce this to the public, the wall will be crumble into chaos."

"That's right. We still haven't fully grasped the magnitude of this situation." Another MP said.

"Then will we deceive the people again?" Pixis asked, standing up. "You wish to follow the lead of King Reiss and ensure the people of the Walls stay domesticated and ignorant? If so, then by what ideals did we rise to take the crown from Kind Reiss?"

No one answered him.

"Let's announce it." Historia said and everyone looked at her. "After all, we're just returning the memories King Reiss stole, back to the people a cetury later. We all share the same fate as people of the Walls. We must unite as one and bring our entire strength together."
.
.

Citiziens were standing together on the street and read the announcement in the newspaper.

Many people looked shocked.
.

In a house in Mitras, Levi and Hange were sharing information with Roy and Peaure.

"The true identy of the Titans who've threatened us, are humans." Peare read from a paper. "They have the same ancestry as us. We are 'Subjects of Ymir'"
.

Levi stood at the window, looking down at the people outside.
.

"Our King built these walls 100 years ago. He then altered our Memories using Titan powers and made us believe humanity outside the walls was wiped out. But in fact, humanity wasn't perished." Peare read.
.

Levi sat down at the table, where Hange, Roy and Peaure were sitting and drinking tea.
.

"When speaking of Subjects of Ymir, they call us this: A race of devils. In the near future, the enemy will invade our lands to obtain resources. Their plans began five years ago with the attack of the Colossal Titan." Peare finished reading.

"I know the article's already published, but..." Roy said. "Is this as credible as you make it sound?"

"At the very least, it's consistend with the doubts we've had this whole time." Hange said. "I don't want to believe it, either, but it's true."

Roy poured a cup of tea for Levi.

"Thanks." Levi said and took a sip.

"So, how are people reacting?" Hange asked.

"It's a bit of everything." Roy replied. "Some accept it. Some laugh it off. Some lash out at the military and insist it's a conspiracy theory. As all of you feared, it's become chaotic."

"Yeah, but there's no helping that." Hange said. "The reports are what put food in our mouths. The taxpayers decide what to make of it." She took a sip of tea. "That's one thing we're doing better than the old king."

"I couldn't be any prouder of all you." Roy said with a smile.

"Eh?" Hange grunted in confusion.

"Not only as a person of the walls, but also as a fellow working man." Roy said.

Hange set her cup her down and looked down. "Thank you."

"Right... Next time, whip up an article that pats us on the back." Levi said.

Hange looked at him, not amused.

Roy and Peaure smiled at them.

"What will happen to us?" Roy asked and Hange looked down frowning. "Just as we've looked at Titans with fear... with hate... and with the wish that they would disappear from the world, the people of the world see us not as humans, but as dangerous monsters. And as a result, what if this hell only repeats itself?" His hands around his cup began to tremble, while he spoke.
.
.