97. I Love You... I Love You in Every Universe

AUTHOR'S POV:

Leaning on the tree with a saddened expression, Founder Eren was looking at Eren as he was on one knee, holding out a box infront of Mikasa.
.

"Mikasa Ackerman. This time, will you marry me for real and let me have the opportunity to stay by your side forever?" Eren asked.

Tears started to roll down Mikasa's eyes. "Yes Ereh!" She said happily. "I will marry you and stay by your side forever!" She threw her arms around Eren and hugged him tightly.
.

Founder Eren closed his eyes. 'If only things were different...' He opened his eyes.

He then teleported back to the paths before Eren could sence his presence.

He arrived at the paths and stood before the Coordinates with a blank expression.

After some moments, he fell to his knees and looked down.

The light from the Coordinates kept reflecting on his empty eyes.

"Eren..." A feminine voice called out from behind him.

For the first time in 2000 years, Founder Eren gasped, not because he recognised the voice right away but because he didn't sence the arrival of that mysterious person.

He quickly stood up and turned around.

Before him, there stood a 19 years old girl with black hair, wearing a white dress with a pink coat over it while a red scarf was wrapped around her neck.

"Mikasa?" Founder Eren said, confused. Then he took another look at the person. "You're not the Mikasa of this universe. You don't have a scar on your cheek." After a moment of thinking, he realised it. "I suppose you're the same as me."

"A multiversal being?" Mikasa asked. "Yeah. I am." She walked towards him. "I am also the Founder of an universe like you."

"I see." Founder Eren said. "I thought only Erens can be the Founder."

Founder Mikasa stood before him. "That's what I thought too."

"Hmm... It's the first time I met someone like me." Founder Eren said.

"Really?" Founder Mikasa asked.

"Yeah. I haven't left this universe in 2000 years." Founder Eren said.

Founder Mikasa nodded.

"What brings you here?" Founder Eren asked.

"Nothing important. I was just checking on beings like us." Founder Mikasa replied.

Founder Eren turned around.

Suddenly, their surroundings changed to the tree on the hill with flowers everywhere.
.

Purple flowers danced around in the cold breeze.

Blue butterflies flew around, hovering over the flowers.
.

Founder Mikasa looked around, remembering her past.

Founder Eren walked up to the tree. "So, you have met more like us?"

Founder Mikasa followed him. "Yeah."

Founder Eren stopped before the tree and turned to her. "How many years have passed?"

Founder Mikasa leaned on the tree and looked up at the sky. "More than 1837 years." She turned to him. "You're soon going to be freed. Aren't you?"

"Yeah. I'll leave once Eren and Mikasa get married." Founder Eren replied.

"So, how was your past?" Founder Mikasa asked. "You're must have started the Rumbling too."

"Yeah... I killed 60% of world population outside of Paradise." Founder Eren said. "At the end, my Mikasa decapitated me." He looked at her. "What about you?"