17. Can't Look Into His Eyes Yet

AUTHOR'S POV:

The topic of the attacking Titan was being discussed by the citizens.

"Hey, is it true? Is there really a Titan on our side?" A man asked.

His companion pulled a large sheet of paper with writing out of the printing press.

"It's obviously just a rumor."

"The recapture could've failed, so we might see a horde of people from Wall Rose any minute now."
.
.

In Wall Sina, everyone were reading the newspaper. They all had mixed responses.

"Say...what if that Titan sides with the people within Wall Rose to come attack us together?" A man said.

"He should be killed then!"
.

In Wall Rose, a large crowd had gathered in one spot to see the newspaper posted on the wall.

"This is amazing news! We have a Titan on our side now!"

"We might even be able to recapture Wall Maria!"

"It's like our savior has appeared!"

Many people in the crowd looked excited and were holding hands.
.

"Savior, huh?" Nile said.

Many MP personnel were standing guard at the entrance, talking amongst one another.

"The masses are so simple-minded, no matter the era."

"It sounds like something the rebels could use against Central though." One of the MPs said.

"We of the Military Police Brigade will dispose of Eren Yeager before that can happen." Nile answered calmly. "We won't let those eccentrics at the Survey Corps get their hands on him either."

He heard the wheels of the carriage and straightened.

"Attention!"

The soldiers stood at attention immediately. When the carriage stopped before them, one of the soldiers quickly opened the door. Then Zackly stepped out.

"Salute the Commander-in-Chief!" Nile said and saluted and his subordinates followed suit.

Zackly nodded, and adjusted his collar,

"It's hot today." Zackly said calmly.
.
.

"Commander Pixis," Erwin said, following him. "Some people may consider it inappropriate for you, as Commander of the Garrison, to be conversing privately with someone like me from the Survey Corps."

"Well, it seems you're as straight-laced as they say. Why fret? We merely ran into each other by chance during our morning stroll." Pixis replied

Erwin didn't reply but bowed his head in agreement.

"Now that we're already walking, this is nothing more than idle talk." Pixis said. "Are you aware that the Military Police are also after Eren Yeager?"

"Yes," Erwin replied. "They sent word yesterday. Apparently, a trial will be held."

"The decision about whether the Military Police or the Survey Corps get Eren has been entrusted to Zackly."

"Zackly? Do you mean Commander-in-Chief Darius Zackly?"

"Yes, the man in charge of all three forces: the Military Police, the Garrison, and the Survey Corps." Pixis said and stopped, hands clasped behind his back. "When making decisions, he considers only one method: the cost-benefit analysis. That is, whether it's profitable or harmful to humanity overall. Which means he wouldn't hesitate to execute Eren right on the spot if that were the verdict."