41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)

AUTHOR'S POV:

A small house could be seen in the middle of a forest. A wagon was parked outside.
.

Sasha, Faye and Armin were bringing some supplies to the house.

"Just try to swipe some of this food, Sasha." Faye said. "I'll have Mikasa to turn you into mincemeat if you do."
.

Eren and Connie were cleaning the floor, a white cloth covering their mouth.
.

"I won't, unless..." Sasha replied.

"Remove your shoes guys." Faye said. "Eren and Connie must be cleaning now."

"Right." Armin replied and the three of them removed their shoes and got inside.
.

"Hey guys!" Eren called out, turning around. "Did you remove your shoes before you guys came in ?"

"Yeah Eren." Faye replied.

After a few moments, Mikasa and Historia arrived with firewood.

"We are back." Mikasa said.

"Wait!" Armin said. "Why were you chopping firewood?"

"I don't want to get rusty." Mikasa replied."

"You were injured by a titan!" Armin said with concern. "You should still be in bed!"

"I told her not to do it but she insisted." Eren said and Mikasa walked away. "She was even doing sit-ups earlier."
.

"Mikasa, you are not a wild animal." Armin said, going after her.

"I kinda feel like we are back in the training corps." Sasha said, grabbing everyone's attention, placing potatoes on the table.

"Yeah." Armin replied, turning around. "But why were we all picked for the new Levi squad?"

Sasha was drooling, looking at the potatoes.

"Isn't protecting Eren and Historia too important to leave up to us?" Armin asked.

Sasha quickly put a loaf of bread in her bag when no-one was looking.

"It just means they can see we are talented." Sasha said.

Armin turned to her with a darken expression.

"Sasha!" Armin called out. "What did you just put in your bag?"

"Nothing remotely resembling bread." Sasha replied, turning around with a darken expression.

"Sasha!" Faye called out, approaching her. "Just put it back."

"Forget that." Sasha replied.

"We gotta finish cleaning before the captain gets back." Eren said, holding a broom.
.

Historia just stood there, holding the firewoods with a blank expression.
.

"Come on! We know you have it!" Armin said.
.

"Why are you all fighting?" Levi asked, approaching them.
.

"You just never learn. Do you?" Faye said.

"We can't afford to waste food." Armin said, standing behind Sasha, who had her eyes closed, hands up.

Eren turned around to look at Levi.

"Cut the crap, Sasha!" Faye said.

Levi stopped before the table and ran his fingers under the it, grabbing everyone's attention. He rubbed his fingertips against each other.

"Nice work, Eren." Levi said, turning around. "Hange is itching to get the experiment started. Let's see if Faye is a titan shifter or not."

"Right." Eren replied and Faye just nodded.
.
.