29. Beast Titan (Season 2 First Chapter)

AUTHOR'S POV:

Two soldiers put Annie on a carriage. One brought up his arm in a signal.

Hange and Moblit followed the carriage with their eyes as it was carted away.

Surprised noises grabbed their attention.
.

A group of Scouts was staring up at the wall.

"Hey!" One man pointed. "Look!"

Pieces of rock fell, revealing a Wall titan. Its eye moved downward.

"A Titan?!"

"In the Wall?!"

"It can't be!"

Hange and Moblit ran over.

"Your orders, Squad Leader?" Moblit asked.

"Huh? What? Hold on!" Hange replied with a serious tone.

'Was that there just by coincidence? Or does this mean...?' A hand landed on her shoulder and she looked back to see Nick breathing heavily.

"Pastor Nick?"

"Whatever you do... you must keep that Titan out of the sunlight!" Nick said.

"Huh?"
.
.

Erwin walked down a hall, flanked by two Scouts.

"For now, we've covered the Wall Titan with sheets. We'll take more proper measures after sunset." A scout informed.

"I see." Erwin said.

"What are we supposed to make of this, sir? I never imagined there were Titans in the Walls..." A scout said.

"No one did. There were only people who knew and people who didn't." Erwin replied.
.
.

After the fight between the two titans, the district of Stohess was partially destroyed. Bloodied bodies lay littered on the ground, buildings cracked, large pieces of broken structures lying around.

Some MPs, wearing gloves were there to clean up the mess.

"What's the deal?" Marlo said, looking around. "We just fought a Titan here. Why are they keeping us in the dark?"

"Business as usual." Hitch said. "But what's scummiest of all... is that there's no 'official' reason why all these people died."
.
.

Dozens of colorful sheets of cloth covered the hole in the Wall.

Nick was on his knees, fingers brushing the edge of the Wall, peeking over. Hange was standing beside him.

"Now then... it's time for you to talk. What is this Titan?" Hange asked. "What is it doing inside the Wall? And... why did you people keep this a secret all this time?"

After a few seconds of silence, Nick stood, dusting his clothes, speaking loudly.

"I have work to do! My church and followers have been devastated!" Pastor Nick yelled at her. "This is your fault! I will demand restitution! Now let me back down!"

"Certainly." Hange said and grabbed Pastor Nick by the collar and held him off the Wall. "Will straight down do?"

Her squad moved closer.

"Squad Leader!" Moblit said.

"Stay back. Enough of this! Do you people know why we Scouts have shed so much blood?! To take back our freedom from the Titans! I was willing to sacrifice my own life for that cause! I'm not asking you to talk, I'm ordering you. Is that clear? And if you won't talk, I'll try the next person. Your measly life wouldn't make up for much, anyway!" Hange said seriously.