76. Hurt

AUTHOR'S POV:

"Eren! What in the-" Connie yelled but was cut off when Eren raised his bleeding palm up to their views.

Everyone except for Faye, Mikasa and Armin gasped.

"Eren..." Sasha trailed off with wide eyes.

Gabi sat there in wide eyed and fear while Faye, Armin and Mikasa had a straight face as if they knew about it beforehand.

Eren placed his bleeding hand on the table. "I wanted... to talk with you guys. Conflict isn't necessary to solve Eldia's problems." He looked away. "Hange-san is fine. We're just moving her."

"Eren, we're the ones who wanted to talk." Armin said.

"Hmm." Eren said and looked at them.

"What made you go attack Marley all on your own?" Jean asked.

"Did Zeke and Yelena really talk you into joining them?" Connie asked.

"I am free." Eren said after a moment of silence.

"Huh?" Sasha, Connie and Jean said in confusion.

"The things I do and choices I make are all decided by my own free will." Eren said calmly.

"So your actions after meeting Yelena were all you?" Faye asked.

"Yes." Eren calmly replied.

"No, you're being manipulated." Mikasa said.

"Huh?" Eren said.

"Yeah. The Eren we know would never such a thing." Sasha firmly said.

"Yeah. What happened to you, Eren?" Connie asked. "Are you betraying us like Reiner and Bertolt did?" He sadly asked.

"Eren?" Sasha said and looked at Faye, Amrin and Mikasa who had serious expression on their faces.

"So, Zeke really did manipulate you into joining him." Jean said.

"You can say that." Eren said and the others except Mikasa, Armin and Faye gasped.

"What do you..." Sasha trailed off.

Mikasa slightly nudged Armin under the table.

"It's not you, Eren. The Eren we know would never cause such destruction even to the enemies." Armin said. "You are-"

"Armin, didn't you once tell me that the only way to change something is to rise above monsters." Eren said and Armin gasped. "That's what I did and whatever I will do is necessary."

"No. You are being manipulated by them." Mikasa said. "I know you care about us more than anyone!" She stood up. "Don't you? The reason you saved me in the cabin..." She leaned forward and brought one hand up to her scarf as she stood up. "The reason you gave me this scarf... is because you're kind-"

"Keep your hands on the table!" Eren yelled causing them to flinch.

Mikasa froze and slowly sat herself back down with the same serious expression.

"Eren..." Sasha trailed off with wide eyes.

"What exactly are you trying to accomplish, Eren?!" Jean yelled.

"Nothing serious." Eren said, looking down. "I spoke with Zeke at Marley." He looked to his side. "I came to know about a lot of stuffs that day." He looked up at them. "Even if I betray you, are you guys ready to kill me?"

All of them flinched.

"Eren?" Sasha said with disbelief.

"What are you talking about, Eren?" Mikasa asked.