77. Sole Salvation

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

A young Grisha along with Dina and kid Zeke were looking at Liberio from a tower, outside of the interment zone.

"Take a good look, Zeke. That's Liberio. Our home." Grisha said. "Compared to the rest of the world, it's as small as a birdcage. But we can't go anywhere else. We have to live there until we die. Zeke, don't you want to be free of that place?"

Zeke slightly looked down, uninterested. "Yeah. I do."

A janitor walked in, opening the door with a smile. "Well, look at that. Visitors this early in the morning?" He closed his eyes. "I'll come back later."

The Yeager Family got scared.

"No, We were just leaving." Grisha said.

"Huh?" The janitor said and his expression quickly changed when he noticed the Eldian arm band on Grisha's hand. He made a disgusted face. "Oh. You're Eldian." He threw the cleaning water on Grisha and Dina with hatred.

"What are you doing?" Grisha asked, angrily. "We have permission to be outside!"

"I'm a janitor at this tower. It's my job to get rid of filth." The janitor said. "Filth like the kind you demons are spreading!" The three of them kept staring at him. "You demonspawn slaughtered the people of the world, and now you have the audacity to breed?"
.
.

The Yeager Family left the tower while water was dripping from them.

Zeke had his eyes shut in fear while Grisha had a angry expression on his face.

The locals started shouting hateful things at them.

"Demons!"

"Go back to your internment Zone!"

"You reek!"
.

"Remember all of this, Zeke." Grisha said with gritted teeth. "This is the outside world. If you don't like it, you have to change it. Zeke, you have to save everyone.
.
.

Zeke was training to be a Warrior candidate along with others.

He was holding a rifle while a bag was on his back.

He stopped running and began panting loudly.

After a moment, he got up and ran again, trying to catch up with the others.
.

From afar, a young Magath and Ksavar were watching them, sitting on their horses.

"One of these kids will end up succeeding me, huh?" Ksavar asked.

"Yeah. Whichever one we choose." Magath replied.

"Who's that boy? The one who's falling behind?" Tom Ksavar asked, looking at Zeke.

"Oh. It's that Yeager boy." Magath replied, observing Zeke. "The other kids are pushing themselves as hard as they can to earn the title of honorary Marleyan, but I don't see any of that determination in him. Why did he even come here?"
.
.

Later that day, Zeke was returning home along with his parents.

"How was training, Zeke?" Grisha asked.

"Really tough." Zeke replied.

"That's too bad. But I know you can be a Warrior." Grisha said with a smile.

"You have a special power." Dina said with a smile.

"And above all, you are our son." Grisha said, proudly.

"Yeah." Zeke said with a smile.
.
.

The three of them were standing at the doorstep of Mr. Yeager's house.