68. War Hammer Titan

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

"Well your father needs to get going. Be good kids and listen to your big sister." Willy said.

"Where are you going?" Rico Tybur asked.

"Bring me something!" Bruno Tybur said.

"I wanna go, too!" Another kid said.

"No fair!" Rico Tybur said.

"Let me come with you!" Bruno Tybur said.

"Pretty please!" Rico Tybur said.

Willy frowned at them. "Sorry. I'm afraid not this time." He hugged them tight.

"Huh? How come?" Bruno Tybur said.

"It's not fair!" Rico Tybur said.

"Behave, you guys!" Fine Tybur told them. "Don't be selfish! You're making it hard for him!"

Willy placed a hand on her head. "Fine.... Make sure all the kids get along."

Fine Tybur blushed and smiled at him. "Yup! Good luck with your work!"

"Thanks. I think it's time I head out." Willy said anr stood up and walked away from them.
.

They waved him goodbye.

"Take care!" Rico said.

"Bring me something!" Bruno said.
.

Willy stopped in front of his wife, who looked sadly at him. "Darling..." Tears were in her eyes. He kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry. Take care of the kids." He walked away and she began to cry. Willy left the room. "Let's go."
.
.

Willy was in a carriage with Commander Magath.

Willy looked out of the window. "I suppose, if I'm attacked, it'll be during the speech."

"I can't say for sure, but that seems the most likely." Magath said. "Only then will most of our brass be gathered in one spot. However, it's protocol to make escape plans at the last moment for security. Naturally, VIPs will use carriages."

"Let's sit them at the 'special seats' on the edge." Willy said. Clump them together as much as possible."

"Are you sure about this?" Magath asked.

"Compared to our predecessors, the Tyburs haven't been playing around." Willy said. "We've been building relations with the world's elite, improving the reputation of Eldians and watching Paradis Island's movements. But we should've been our own backyard."
.

The carriage passed an alley, a person with a hat stood there, reading a newspaper.
.

"Before we knew it, we had enemies crossing the sea and at our necks." Willy said. "At this point, they might get sliced at any moment."
.

The person in the alley closed the newspaper and walked away.
.

"It's the conspirators working with Paradis who I fear the most." Willy said. "We still don't know, our motherland Marley has many enemies. Some, in our own military. We'll smoke them out by lightning a fire under their asses. We can plan for their attack and use it to our advantage. Unless you have a better idea, we proceed as planned."

"Even if they take the bait, we loose way too much." Magath said.

"We'll sacrifice incompetent officers." Willy said. "If the enemy's goal is to damage Marley's military, it works perfectly. When you rebuild the military, the party will approve whomever you choose."