71. Brave Volunteers

AUTHOR'S POV:

In a dark room with a lantern dimly lighting, Armin was sitting at a table.

There was a notebook which was Armin's personal diary and a seashell on the table.

He started writing something.

'Eren is doing everything on his own now. I don't know what caused the gradual change in him... Was it because of what we found in the basement or something else...

How he managed to plan everything on his own is still a mystery for me. It's almost like someone is guiding or worse, manipulating him... But who it could be?

He doesn't seem like the person to easily be manipulated...

Even if Marley is our enemy, the destruction we caused there seems so wrong. We just stooped to their level now...

May be... Three years ago, we might have changed something...'
.
.
.

[THREE YEARS AGO]

In the dark night, a Marleyan ship was making its way to Paradis Island.
.

The Marleyan Soldier's Captain was looking through binoculars, standing near the ledge of the ship as a soldier rushed over to him.

"Captain!" The soilder called out. "The team that went ashore hasn't made contact for two hours!"

"Hmm." The Captain hummed and looked at the soilder. "Prepare to send teams two and three."

The soldier saluted. "Yes, sir!" He turned around and ran off.

"This island of devils defeated the Warrior's Unit. Whatever the cost, Marley must learn what happened." The Captain said.

Suddenly, the ship started to tip over and got lifted in the air as the Marleyan soldiers stumbled and rolled around while letting out shrieks.

The Captain was quick to hold onto the railings, shouting to everyone. "Hang on!" The captain then looked down and gasped at the sight beneath the ship.
.

The Attack Titan emerged from the water, holding the ship with both hands and having it rest on his back.
.

"I-It's a devil!" The Captain yelled in fear.
.

The Attacking Titan carried the whole ship on his shoulder to the land.

Once there, he dropped the ship on the ground. Because of the shook from the impact, the Marleyan soldiers on the ground.
.

The Attacking Titan just remained standing behind the ship.
.

Hange rushed her way over and waving her left arm in the air. "Hello friends from Marley!" She held her arms out. "Welcome to Paradis Island!"
.

The Marleyan soldiers all groaned, holding their heads or sides before sitting straight up and looking at Hange with wide eyes.
.

Hange grinned and bowed. "I'm Hange, here to greet our guests who've come so far across the sea!" She then held her arms out again and smirked. She turned to her right and formed a close-eye, nervous smile and held her hands to her side. "Now, step this way and join us for some tea!" She let out a nervous chuckle.
.

Behind her was Levi and a Marleyan soldier with blond hair, his face was filled with fear.
.

"By the way, we're already friends with this guest that arrived before you!" Hange continued, approaching the soldier and placed a hand on his shoulder while putting her free hand on his chest, chuckling nervously.