96. Dreams

AUTHOR'S POV:

The four of them were currently gazing at the sunset which wasn't hidden by the Walls this time.

"Beautiful. Isn't?" Armin said with amazement.

"Yeah... There are no Walls to prevent us from seeing this beautiful scenery..." Eren said.

"All thanks to your gamble." Faye said and smiled.

Mikasa stood up. "It's time we should head back."

Faye stood up. "Yeah. Armin and I are heading to Hange-san now."

"Huh?" Eren said, standing up.

"She has called us to visit her later today." Faye said and picked up the mat.

"She was talking about making Faye a squad leader." Armin said and picked up the food basket. "May be that's why she has called us."

"I see. That's great." Eren said and smiled.

All of them turned around and started to head towards their horses except for Eren.

"Mika!" Eren suddenly called out from behind Mikasa, after a moment of silence.

Mikasa turned around. "Hmm?"

She gasped as she saw Eren was standing on one knee with a nervous expression, blushing heavily.

Faye and Armin turned around and gasped too.

"Eren...?" Mikasa said, blushing. She covered her face with her scarf.

Eren cleared his throat. "Mikasa Ackerman. It's obvious to everyone how much you love me. And I know I can never match your level of loving someone. But still, ever since we were kids, Mikasa, I've always loved you."

Mikasa just stared at him with wide eyes, mouth open.

"We have been through everything together since we were little." Eren continued. "You even joined the Survey Corps just to protect us. I don't even know how many times I would have died without you saving me. So..."

Eren pulled out a small black box from his pocket, opened it and held out for Mikasa. Mikasa gasped.

"Mikasa Ackerman. This time, will you marry me for real and let me have the chance to stay by your side forever?" Eren asked.

Tears started to roll down Mikasa's eyes as she never imagined this day will come.

"Yes Ereh!" She said happily. "I will marry you and stay by your side forever!" She threw her arms around Eren and hugged him tightly.
.

Faye and Armin smiled brightly at them.
.

After a moment, they pulled away from the hug and stood up.

Eren slowly took out the ring out of the box.
.

The ring was made out of ultrahard steel while a green glowing chrystal was on top of it.

The ring could glow in dark.
.

He gently grabbed Mikasa's left hand and slipped the ring in her ring finger.

Mikasa just stared at the ring with wide eyes.

"How is this ring, Mika?" Eren asked.

Mikasa looked up at him with the brightest smile ever. "It's the best ring I've ever seen, Ereh! Thank you!" She brought Eren's face closer for a kiss.
.

Faye and Armin walked away, giving them space.

"My brother got engaged. Huh?" Faye proudly said with a smile, walking away.