98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager

AUTHOR'S POV:

One year had passed since Eren and Mikasa's engagement.

And a lot of things happened during that time.
.

Just after a week of their engagement, they built a cabin near the tree on that hill with the help of some construction workers.
.

It was a two bedroom cabin house.

There was a small farm land at their backyard.

Everything was prepared within one month.

After two months, Eren and Mikasa took early retirement from the Survey Corps with the permission of Zachary as Eren had full control of the Founding Titan.
.

They were given a farewell party by the Survey corps too.

After the farewell party, the two of them along with Armin and Faye went to the ocean where Armin proposed to Faye with a diamond ring from Middle-East which was brought by Reiner.

And ofcourse, Faye said yes.

After the farewell party, Eren and Mikasa left thier Survey Corps house and started living at the cabin.
.

Mikasa would grow vegetables in their backyard while Eren would hunt and catch fish sometimes from the nearby river.

With all of these, both of them forgot to discuss about their marriage.
.
.
.

Currently, the engaged couple were sitting under the tree, hugging eachother while looking at the sunset.

After the sun was fully hidden behind the mountain, Mikasa turned to Eren.

"Hey Ereh." Mikasa called out.

Eren looked at her. "Yeah, Mika?"

"We haven't talked about our marriage. Have we?" Mikasa said and smiled.

Eren let out a chuckle. "Right. One year had passed but we never talked about it..."

"We were so busy setting up our home." Mikasa said. "So, it's understandable."

"Yeah." Eren said. "So, when do you suggest we get married?"

"How about next year during winter?" Mikasa suggested.

"That's sound great." Eren said and smiled.

Silence fell upon them as they didn't know what to say.

Then Mikasa realised something.

"Eren? Mikasa called out.

"Hmm?" Eren said.

"You don't have any suggestions?" Mikasa asked.

"I find your idea great though." Eren replied.

Mikasa sat straight and furrowed his eyebrows. "Eren. I have been noticing that you never make any decisions."

"Huh?" Eren said.

"I mean, it's my idea to live here and you agreed with it without saying anything." Mikasa said. "You even left Survey Corps for of me. And now, you aren't even suggesting anything. Why?"

Eren looked ahead. "Well, I just want you to be happy. I want to give you all the things that Founder Eren was unable to give to his Mikasa." He looked at her. "You deserve all of these after what you have done for me, Mikasa. You have suffered enough already for my s-"

"Eren!" Mikasa sternly said. "Stop blaming youself for that. I joined the Survey Corps because I wanted to-"

"Protect me, Armin and Faye?" Eren asked, cutting her off.