72. A Sound Argument

AUTHOR'S POV:

In the cell, Eren was staring at himself in the mirror. "The only way to win is to fight."

"What are you doing?" Hange asked, standing infront of his jail cell.

"Hange-san..." Eren said and turned to her. He slowly approached her.

"I find that hairstyle looks good on you." Hange said with a smile and pretended to mess with her hair. "It looks unkempt, but it's as if you tried your best to make it look that way."

"What are you here for, Hange-san?" Eren calmly asked.

"Well, I'm here to talk... Everything played out as you wanted. But, I thought you wouldn't sacrifice Historia."
.
.
.

[2 YEARS AGO]

The port in Paradis Island was finally finished.

The Scouts were standing in front of the Marleyans, who wore black suits and the Scouts wore their green jackets.

Yelena looked at Eren and smiled at him. "Eren, I haven't seen you since you lifted our ship a whole year ago." She held her right arm out. "I'm honored to work with you."

Levi narrowed his eyes at her and made his way to Eren and stood in front of him. "No, you won't be working together." He put his arm out and held the left arm up as Eren looked down at him. "You're lucky enough to see his face."

Yelena's smile didn't fade as she let her arm fall to her side. "Plenty enough for me." She turned to her right, took a few steps and held her arms out as her smile brightened. "Today will be a joyous day. The port is complete and we're welcoming our first outside visitor. From Paradis island's sole friendly nation. Hizuru - Special Envoy, Kiyomi Azumabito."
.

There was a ship, making its way to the port of the island as the woman, Kiyomi, stood there as her hair flew within the wind.
.
.

They went within the walls and in a military building.

Three Military Police officers were in the room while Levi, Hange and Historia stood behind Mikasa, Faye and Eren.

They stared at the back of Kiyomi as she grabbed something that looked like a cloak from a box and turned to Eren, Faye and Mikasa.

Kiyomi's arm slided down to reveal the three-sword crest. "Do you recognize this crest?"

Mikasa held quickly held onto her left wrist and brought it close to her chest. "That's..."

Eren looked at her. "Show it, Mikasa."

Mikasa looked at him with a sweat on her face, slightly nervous. "But my mom said to keep it a secret."

"You showed it to me when we were little." Eren said. "It's a secret meant for today." He smiled at her. "Go on, Mikasa."

Mikasa nodded and looked down at her wrist before she began to remove the bandages.

She held her wrist up and showed it to Kiyomi, who gasped at the sight.

On her wrist was the crest as she began to explain it to them. "This symbol was passed down to me from my mother. She said I should pass it on to my child."

Kiyomi walked over to her and placed her hands on Mikasa's shoulders while she hunched over. "What an admirable deed! Over a century ago, the shogun we Azumabitos descended from had a son. He was on friendly terms with King Fritz and often came to Paradis. After the Great Titan War, Hizuru was defeated and in disarray. In the confusion, a child of the shogunate was left behind on the island." She had tears in her eyes as she looked up at Mikasa. "You and your mother are the lost descendant of our nation's ruler! You're the hope of Hizuru!"