5. That Day

AUTHOR'S POV:

In a quieter part of town, Hannes was running, Eren over his shoulder and Faye was tucked under one arm.

Mikasa was running behind him.

Suddenly, Eren broke out of his stupor.

He turned and began hitting Hannes.

"Eren! What are you doing?!" Hannes asked.

"We were so close to saving Mom!" Eren yelled angrily. "Why the hell would you do that?!" He slammed his elbow on Hannes's head. "We were so close to saving her!"

"Cut it out!" Hannes said and grabbed Eren by the arm and threw him to the ground.

"Eren!" Mikasa yelled and kneeled beside him. She then held his shoulders.

Faye went towards Eren too and hugged him tightly. Mikasa joined the hug too.

"Eren..." Hannes said and walked up to them, kneeling as well. "You couldn't save your mother because you're weak."

Eren glared and threw his fist at Hannes but, he caught the punch with ease, proving his point.

Eren struggled but couldn't free his arm.

"And I...I couldn't stand up to the Titan because I lacked the courage!" Hannes said with teary eyes.

Then he stood up and led them outside of Shiganshina. He muttered 'I am sorry.' over and over again.

Mikasa winched and held her forehead as she got a headache. 'Mom... Dad... Please be safe...'
.
.

All the Garrison soilders were helping the civilian to get in the boat.

"Discard your belongings! Let as many people on as possible!" A soilder shouted.

A bag went flying and landed next to other people's discarded luggage. Armin stared at the large crowd of people waiting to be let on, trying to find his friends.

"Armin, sit down." His grandmother said.

"But Eren, Faye and Mikasa aren't here yet," Armin replied and looked out again.

Then he spotted them, happy to see Hannes leading them through the masses so they could get on immediately.

"There they are!" Armin said happily but his relief ended as quickly as it began. His friends looked traumatized. "Eren... Faye..."

Armin's grandfather looked down sadly. "Just let him be for now. Those poor souls. You can tell what happened by looking at them."

"Huh?" Armin turned to him, confused.
.
.

Eren, Faye and Mikasa were sitting in silence as the people were trying to get on the ship.
.

The Garrison soilders were firing cannons at the Titans.
.

When the ship was on it's limit, they removed the plank that was connecting the people to the ship.
.

While the soilders were firing cannons, thundering footsteps pierced through that noise.
.

Eren, Faye and Mikasa finally broke out of their shock and looked up.
.

A large red foot with yellow outlines smashed through the street.

Slowly, it's armored body came into full view of the soilders.

The Armored Titan then ran at it's top speed.

The canons had no effects on it.

It then broke through the Wall Maria gate, sending bricks and boulders and soldiers flying everywhere.